GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TSI APR stg 1 Dyno Video (with APR & Revo FSI)

kimchi29

Go Kart Champion
oh yea, i should be going in to the same place to get my car dynoed again. we'll see what i get with APR stage 1

Midwest Hick

verrUcktVW
Car(s)
Candy White GTI
maybe im just jealous but thats nuts that a stage 1 APR TSI puts down 252whp and apr bumps the HP up to 254.... and APR stage 1 FSI puts down 236whp and apr bumps the HP up to 253.... i TOTALLY believe the dyno but how is that?

maybe the TSI has a intake????

badass videos and music BTW :)

errie806

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
wait wait wait 252 "WHP"? no way that has to be crank these numbers are mest up i have a tsi and would love to believe we got more power but i dont believe stage 1 will put out a huge increase like that to wheel hp. also stock vs stock where did those numbers come from? 207 whp for the tsi? thats high too must have had an intake or something

errie806

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
252 is possible to the crank for stage 1 but i dont believe thats whp it cant be but if it was crank that would be about right for the tsi but it would mean that the fsi is trash to the wheels. the tsi numbers look more like crank whereas the fsi looks like wheel. either something was messed up with the dyno or the car

Viking445

Souless Day Walkin Ginger
The numbers are slightly high b/c of the very cold air. When i first got my Car Dynoed it was hot as hell 95 or so in the test bay. put down 175 with just an intake. Then when we did a dyno day when the air temp was in the 60's i put down 198. So temp plays a pretty big role in your numbers. Even more so on a turbo charged car.

Car(s)
2009 GTI
I think the stock numbers for the TSI are 210 HP and 207 TQ.

I know they are are rated are 200 HP but my tsi has felt peppier than a lot of fsi's and a lot of my friends have compared the two.

My guess is, we have the MKVI engine.

DriV3n

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'09 CW GTI
All looks good to me. It never ceases to amaze me how people always think that "something must be wrong with the dyno." We use a dyno to measure WHP and torque, but when the numbers come up, someone always says, "that can't be right!?!, That's too high, blah, blah, blah".

When my dentist tells me I have a cavity. Then, I HAVE A CAVITY. I don't tell the dentist, "there must be something wrong with the x-ray".

My 2 cents.

On my previous car, (Civic HB) people never believed that it made 222whp all motor. All I ever heard was, "there must be something wrong with the dyno to get those numbers. "

My reply was always, "there's nothing wrong with the dyno. You can make that type of power when the motor is built right and a good tuner spends 10-12 hours tuning on the dyno with an AEM EMS ."

Great numbers by the way!!!

I'm certainly considering the APR stage 1. I'm just waiting on the lock out, and security code features.

Keith@APR

Banned
All looks good to me. It never ceases to amaze me how people always think that "something must be wrong with the dyno." We use a dyno to measure WHP and torque, but when the numbers come up, someone always says, "that can't be right!?!, That's too high, blah, blah, blah".

When my dentist tells me I have a cavity. Then, I HAVE A CAVITY. I don't tell the dentist, "there must be something wrong with the x-ray".

My 2 cents.

On my previous car, (Civic HB) people never believed that it made 222whp all motor. All I ever heard was, "there must be something wrong with the dyno to get those numbers. "

My reply was always, "there's nothing wrong with the dyno. You can make that type of power when the motor is built right and a good tuner spends 10-12 hours tuning on the dyno with an AEM EMS ."

Great numbers by the way!!!

I'm certainly considering the APR stage 1. I'm just waiting on the lock out, and security code features.

Just wanted to let you know that if you buy the Stage 1 upgrade now you get a second program and security lockout for free when they are released in December!

When program switching is released you'll get a second program for free during the xmas sale but not the security so this saves you an addtional $69 by doing it now.

kimchi29

Go Kart Champion
Just wanted to let you know that if you buy the Stage 1 upgrade now you get a second program and security lockout for free when they are released in December!

When program switching is released you'll get a second program for free during the xmas sale but not the security so this saves you an addtional $69 by doing it now.

aww damnit keith! i just bought my TSI APR st1 programming 2 weeks ago :cry:

Quantumphysics

Ready to race!

can you get the dealers to do the install on the updates for free like some "other" software dealers do?