GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Trance/House/Techno/Dubstep/Drum N bass/ ETC Thread

Emillionaire90

Ready to race!
BTW how do you embed on this forum, I cant figure it out lol

DJEuphoria

Go Kart Champion
and i totally feel you on the kids that used to make fun of us when we listened to it in school and how different it is now that it's up and coming finally.

europes been miles ahead of us for years. it's about time edm is catching on.

on the other hand the popularity tends to ruin the genre. just look at Britney Spears doing dubstep now...

Emillionaire90

Ready to race!
Agreed 100% bro. You bring up a good point about the Britney Spears song, far from real dubstep... but it's a step in the right direction and helping EDM become one of the genres here in the states. I'm not gonna lie it's not even that bad of a song lol.

I also think Tiesto is a major sellout, and has totally become mainstream. He used to be legit up until about 04-05. But at the same time I also feel like he is responsible for the recent rise of EDM in the US mainstream... his newest album in particular.

Just listen to every pop song on 92.3 and Z100... they all have somewhat of an electronic beat to it. When not even 4 years ago everything had that redundant hip hop drum beat... you know.

BTW check out the songs I posted and lemme know what u think. I just found this thread today so I'll contribute a few songs a day from now on.

Grownman

Ready to race!
Big time EDM fan here... love it all from Trance, House, D&B and Dubstep.

Anything from Armada is usually really good, Deadmau5 and Hospital label drum and bass.

I've been a HUGE Deadmau5 fan wayyy before he ever became popular in the mainstream... been listening to his stuff since 07 when I was in High School. Funny how the same kids that used to make fun of me for listening to "techno" are starting to get into it now.

Here's one of my favorites of all time, I literally listen to it everyday it never gets old. This song is just fucking amazing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilOiClqry1M

Another amazing track I found the other day :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KY0tgqEMYGI&feature=fvwrel

Sick song right here.... great mixture of dubstep, electro with trancey transitions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6I10SEJF6c

For reals man... seriously almost all my friends were like what the hell is that music... now they're all up in my nuts for song artists and shit... -__-

Grownman

Ready to race!
i got free VIP tickets to Tiesto with a Meet & Greet after the party. 4 hours into the show, i left before the end, and STILL felt ripped off. didn't even care enough to meet that tool.

Well at least they were free tickets + vip...

Tiesto's work in the Kaliedascope album imo is no where close to what he can produce. I think its just utter crap.

Ugh anyone going to asot 500 in Miami?

heartcoke

Ready to race!
I've been a HUGE Deadmau5 fan wayyy before he ever became popular in the mainstream... been listening to his stuff since 07 when I was in High School. Funny how the same kids that used to make fun of me for listening to "techno" are starting to get into it now.
I remember his crowd at ultra 2008, nothing compared to what he pulls now.
Also I remember listening to the newest Prodigy records, back before they blew up over Smack My Bitch Up, everyone thought it was annoying as hell music.

heartcoke

Ready to race!
Ugh anyone going to asot 500 in Miami?
It's going to be in Ultra, on Saturday, I think. Single day tickets will go on sale soon, but I will guarantee it'll be pricey

xGaspy

Go Kart Champion

...and my obvious favorite..

xGaspy

Go Kart Champion
^BARE always kills shit. He's really putting US Dubstep on the map.