GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Torque pro.

Sgt.Gunny

Passed Driver's Ed
I own a 05 gti. It is stock standard. So I'm running torque pro on my phone with Bluetooth obd2 dongle. Just curious to know if anyone is running this as well. Also I'm not sure of the settings eg: is it better to read the maf or map sensor for the boost reading. It says that it peaks at 21psi then will drop to about 6psi and hold for a little while. Is this app accurate cause the boost seems low even in stock form. Thanks to any info into this.

Sent from my ZTE T230 using Tapatalk

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
I ran it with a cheap bluetooth module, it was uselessly slow. They support canbus modules now, support is kinda spotty for them right now but I have read they are much faster and will support everything.

Sgt.Gunny

Passed Driver's Ed
This is pretty responsive. Its not slow so I'm pretty happy with how it works. I'm just more curious to know if its accurate for the boost reading. Cause if its close to being correct then I'm guessing I have a leak somewhere then.

larcic

Ready to race!
when you read psi from the computer you usually have to subtract 14psi (atm) from the readings. so I vote that the readings are off since I know that you don't have -8 psi at redline, thats impossible.

Sgt.Gunny

Passed Driver's Ed
Hmm. There is a setting that you can change to so if your running at sea level you can change it 14.7 ,0 or -14.7.

larcic

Ready to race!
you also can't peak 21 psi stock

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
MAF won't read boost, that's not in the charge side. You have to go off MAP when reading boost but reading it through the sensors is never very accurate. Boost gauge is the only real way to see in real time what your boost is.

Also, if you are peeking at 21 PSI, then the car is not stock. Dropping to 6 psi would indicate there's a problem, but if it was that big of a leak you would be hard pressed to hit 21 psi.

If it's the original DV then it has more than likely failed, the 05 came with the diaphragm style DV and they are a known issue. Updating to the revision D (piston style) would be a very smart move.

Sgt.Gunny

Passed Driver's Ed
I would imagine its the stock dv as the pcv was the original one and was replaced month ago. Not bad considering it has over 200000km on it. When I get the car back I will pull the dv out. I did ask the dealership how much a dv was and they said the only way to get one was buying it with a turbo!