GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

To Dyno or not to Dyno (Pre/Post for Forge Wastegate) POLL

Should I get pre/post dynos for the Forge WG actuator on APR software?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Little_Red_Fast

Back in the saddle!
Car(s)
2011 Jeep JK Rubicon
Gents,

For all those interested, should I do a pre/post dyno for when I install the Forge wastegate on an APR tuned car? I only ask because if no one cares, then I wont do it.

For my own pleasure, I have a dyno run set up for next monday the 15th at 5PM. If the poll shows that people want to see the dyno comparison, then I will do my pre dyno then. If not, I will install it tomorrow after work.

Thanks for the thoughts!

MMM...Wastegate:

Most recent boost/WG log after all my "boost leak" searching:

rbradleymedmd

Go Kart Champion
Not sure man...I don't think it's really gonna matter. All that I'm concerned about is your overall timing advance curve. Honestly, from the looks of you recent logs, you're pretty close to maxing out the OEM MAP sensor, thus, a quick log of the overall advance curve post install should be all we need. Others might disagree, but I wouldn't waste your money.

Little_Red_Fast

Back in the saddle!
Car(s)
2011 Jeep JK Rubicon
Yeah, what I was hoping for was just seeing the duty cycle lowered and the onset of boost ramp up slightly faster and hold to the requested line. But, if the peoples want it, I will supply. Plus, I get a discount if I schedule two sessions :)

Jeffie

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Renault Megane R26
I dont know why more people dont do pre and post mod dynos... Even just getting a baseline stock figure and dynoing when the mods are finished.

thegr8brian

Passed Driver's Ed
I dont know why more people dont do pre and post mod dynos... Even just getting a baseline stock figure and dynoing when the mods are finished.

$

Little_Red_Fast

Back in the saddle!
Car(s)
2011 Jeep JK Rubicon
wow...results of the poll are overwhelming. I will let it go till it runs out of time (6-11-09), but it looks like a pre/post dyno is in store.

Bear in mind that this will delay the install until early next week (monday or tuesday) and then I would like to let my car adapt for a week and I will potentially need to swap springs to find out what best works with APR software. So please be patient! Thanks! :)

Little_Red_Fast

Back in the saddle!
Car(s)
2011 Jeep JK Rubicon
Yeah, I figured people would want to see pre/post dynos...I just didnt want to spend the money and I wanted to install the WG actuator :) Oh well, gives me a little more time to do more testing to see if I can get the WG Duty cycle down a little more.

Little_Red_Fast

Back in the saddle!
Car(s)
2011 Jeep JK Rubicon
Hopefully you didnt take what I said out of the context that I meant it to be in...

When I said, "Oh well, gives me a little more time to do more testing to see if I can get the WG Duty cycle down a little more." I meant...

"I am glad that I am not installing the WG actuator before next monday because it gives me more time to truly find out if I still have a boost leak and/or turbo issue and/or intercooler issue and/or etc,etc,etc"

Also, Keith, I PM'ed arin about your guys' intercooler pressure test. Somewhere I read that your intercoolers get pressure tested before leaving APR? Is this true...and if so what do you pressure test to and what is acceptable for leak rate? I want to pressure test mine to make sure all is okay. If it isnt, I will need to purchase a new one (giving you an incentive to help me out because there is a 99% chance that I will purchase an APR intercooler). Thanks in advance for the help!

Last edited:

Angel@forge

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
06 A3 sport
I voted for yes. Can't hurt to have more info. I know mine is stronger and I still haven't touched the settings.