GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tire opinions

TEHSNAPS

IN SNAPPYVILLE
It's that time again for some new tires. I currently have 235/35/19 on and running stock suspension. Next after the tires will be dropping it down. I was thinking about running 225/35/19 but wasn't sure if my rims would stick out to far. Also worried about damage to rims because Louisiana roads are horrible. I know everyone on the forum stretches their tires but want to lower car inch or maybe a little lower but didn't want to have issues with to wide of a tire.

:thumbsup:

Slave IV

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV R32, B5 S4
Either size should be fine with minimal stretch...235 should be just right as far as fitting on the wheel.

Since tires are the most important thing in terms of handling/performance/safety, I'd get the best you can. I currently run Michelin PSS and they've been the best summer tires I've ever used.

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
I know everyone on the forum stretches their tires but want to lower car inch or maybe a little lower but didn't want to have issues with to wide of a tire.

:thumbsup:

Personally, I think stretched tires look stupid. Beyond the asthetics, it compromises the ride and handling qualities of the tire - the sidewalls were engineered to be in a particular prientation to the load. 235/35 is the most appropriate "matching" size to maintain stock wheel/tire diameter. If you aren't going to slam it then this size should be fine and you'll get a little more sidewall protection for your wheels.

Since tires are the most important thing in terms of handling/performance/safety, I'd get the best you can. I currently run Michelin PSS and they've been the best summer tires I've ever used.

Completely agree - the Super Sports are the best tire I've ever had. They WAY better than my last set of Hankook Ventus V12s. I'm getting decent wear out of them too.