GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Thoughts on motor/transmission mounts?

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
I had them in for a bit... Noise was more of a issue then vibration and harshens. I got a lot of noise transmitted from both the engine and transmission. Almost sounded like I had a short ram intake on a Honda and a WRC transmission (you could hear alot of clatter from the transmission). I'm exaggerating this a bit to give you a idea of what types of things I heard when I used them.

If you want the best combo of daily driver and rayz kaa I'm a big fan of super pro mounts. Thought I'm wondering how the BFI stage 1 mounts compare since the super pro mounts are no longer available ?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I had them in for a bit... Noise was more of a issue then vibration and harshens. I got a lot of noise transmitted from both the engine and transmission. Almost sounded like I had a short ram intake on a Honda and a WRC transmission (you could hear alot of clatter from the transmission). I'm exaggerating this a bit to give you a idea of what types of things I heard when I used them.

If you want the best combo of daily driver and rayz kaa I'm a big fan of super pro mounts. Thought I'm wondering how the BFI stage 1 mounts compare since the super pro mounts are no longer available ?

I got one of the last sets of the SuperPro mounts but paid dearly for them. Haven't installed them yet but I would like to know why SuperPro quit making them. All the guys that have them are so happy with them it seems like they would sell a lot of them.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
I got one of the last sets of the SuperPro mounts but paid dearly for them. Haven't installed them yet but I would like to know why SuperPro quit making them. All the guys that have them are so happy with them it seems like they would sell a lot of them.

What are you waiting for? Install those bitches!

I think they stopped making them because of the price point and not selling enough to make up for it.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
What are you waiting for? Install those bitches!

I think they stopped making them because of the price point and not selling enough to make up for it.

Just waiting for when the OEM ones need replaced. Bought the SuperPro while I could. I drive so many miles I have to be thrifty enough to use the OEM parts until it's necessary to replace them. Hell I spend $600 per month on gasoline alone.

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
Yep, same here. I got my set from a seller in the UK. paid about MSRP or maybe a little more ?

Install them when you have a chance. Just make sure you install all three at once to get the full benefit of the mounts ?

To answer your question about why they don't offer the mounts anymore. I asked why they don't offer them anymore

This is what they sent me:
I agree – I think we should have done another production run – and our UK office has been trying to get one off the ground – but we do need to find a way to get the pricing into the realm of reality.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Yep, same here. I got my set from a seller in the UK. paid about MSRP or maybe a little more ?

Install them when you have a chance. Just make sure you install all three at once to get the full benefit of the mounts ?

To answer your question about why they don't offer the mounts anymore. I asked why they don't offer them anymore

This is what they sent me:
I agree – I think we should have done another production run – and our UK office has been trying to get one off the ground – but we do need to find a way to get the pricing into the realm of reality.

Thanks for that. I would hope that they realize that with such a good reputation, as posted by so many people in the forum, that they could charge a premium and still sell them. And I'll follow your advice and install all three at the same time.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Thanks for that. I would hope that they realize that with such a good reputation, as posted by so many people in the forum, that they could charge a premium and still sell them. And I'll follow your advice and install all three at the same time.
Don't give them any ideas, that set of mounts was already a premium and only sold well when they dropped the price to close them out.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Don't give them any ideas, that set of mounts was already a premium and only sold well when they dropped the price to close them out.

Hell I paid over the regular price because it was the last set they had.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Look like superpro kit available from Shopdap? Sure is pricey...

https://www.shopdap.com/vw-engine-mount-kit-trc2001-superpro.html

SuperPro quit making them over a year ago so they are charging way over the regular price. I contacted SuperPro about making them again and they said that they weren't selling enough of them to continue producing them. Sure am glad I got mine when I did.

You and me both! I bought mine in 2017/18 time-frame and paid $560 for them (big time sale price). What ShopDap is asking for is a ridiculous price. Even when they were in stock and readily available, they were no where near that price.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
This sucks, and after all the research I have locked myself in and these are what I want. Anyone have installed pics of these SuperPro mounts?

tpellegr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI S 6MT
This sucks, and after all the research I have locked myself in and these are what I want. Anyone have installed pics of these SuperPro mounts?

Just get yourself a set of BFIs. Their mounts have a great reputation. I owned a set for my Mk IV back in the day and run the stage 2s (85a durometer) on my Mk 7. I have virtually zero wheel hop with stage 2 power and MPSS. They also now offer complete replacement trans mount instead of just an OEM mount with stiffer bushings.

EDIT: adding link BFI Stage 2 Mount Kit