GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Thoughts on motor/transmission mounts?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
So glad I got my Superpro mounts when I did.

I actually have a set that I'm waiting to install when the OEM mounts need replaced. Paid way too much for them on Ebay from the UK when they had quit making them but I found a set. What is your opinion on added vibration versus OEM? I'm in my car 8-9 hours a day making deliveries and am concerned about the vibration. I know that I would get used to a little added vibration but am worried that it will be too much. Can you possibly compare them to the BFI stage 1 mounts with regards to vibration?

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
I actually have a set that I'm waiting to install when the OEM mounts need replaced. Paid way too much for them on Ebay from the UK when they had quit making them but I found a set. What is your opinion on added vibration versus OEM? I'm in my car 8-9 hours a day making deliveries and am concerned about the vibration. I know that I would get used to a little added vibration but am worried that it will be too much. Can you possibly compare them to the BFI stage 1 mounts with regards to vibration?

There is absolutely no added vibration whatsoever! It feels just like a car that is stock with OEM mounts.

billbadass

Drag Racing Champion
I put 034 mounts on my car just because it's only a mild street car and they feel just about stock to me, if doing again I would have paid up to get something better, I'd say they are a decent OEM replacement but don't expect them to feel like an upgrade. have heard of local guys at the drag strip breaking them also in my area.

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
The Superpro mounts add very little in the way of vibration/harshness... You do get a bit more noise from both the engine and transmission. Think of the mounts as a stethoscope to get a good idea what I mean.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
The Superpro mounts add very little in the way of vibration/harshness... You do get a bit more noise from both the engine and transmission. Think of the mounts as a stethoscope to get a good idea what I mean.
There is absolutely no added vibration whatsoever! It feels just like a car that is stock with OEM mounts.

Thanks guys. I won't be worried about the vibration now.

steddy2112

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE
I have the 034 density mounts paired with a APR pendulum mount.

Are vibes there?

Yes, but, I don't have to worry about polyurethane.

Polyurethane is great if you only plan on keeping the setup for a couple years. If you're going super long term or don't mind replacing the inserts say, every five years if you drive your car in the winter, poly with be stiffer.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I have the 034 density mounts paired with a APR pendulum mount.

Are vibes there?

Yes, but, I don't have to worry about polyurethane.

Polyurethane is great if you only plan on keeping the setup for a couple years. If you're going super long term or don't mind replacing the inserts say, every five years if you drive your car in the winter, poly with be stiffer.

Four years and 84,500 miles on my poly BFI mounts with no issues.

With metal inserts they destroy the soft rubber of the OEM mount and eventually you end up with a hot dog down a hallway situation (pertaining to dog bone inserts).

034 is notorious for engine and transmission mount failures, so hopefully you have better luck with them

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
Is there a full poly dogbone mount? I've only seen inserts, or replacements just for the arm itself.
R Line has a full poly mount along with a replacement billet dogbone arm. Buddy has all three R Line mounts on his car and after break in vibration and harshens is not too bad considering they're solid, high durometer polyurethane. Downside is you hear everything from the engine and transmission. This is because the mounts are effectively stethoscopes mounted to the frame of the car.

bfury5

Autocross Champion
Is there a full poly dogbone mount? I've only seen inserts, or replacements just for the arm itself.
The powerflex hybrid puck is poly, replaces the entire lower puck and has an insert into the upper puck as well. I'm running it with stock motor / trans mounts right now but I'll likely be replacing those soon since the powerflex puck will likely cause them to wear quicker.

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
The powerflex hybrid puck is poly, replaces the entire lower puck and has an insert into the upper puck as well. I'm running it with stock motor / trans mounts right now but I'll likely be replacing those soon since the powerflex puck will likely cause them to wear quicker.
The mounts really should be replaced as a full set. Engine, transmission, and dogbone mount. You most definitely are putting additional strain on not only the other mounts, but also the other parts of the drivetrain if you don't replace all three as a set.

bfury5

Autocross Champion
The mounts really should be replaced as a full set. Engine, transmission, and dogbone mount. You most definitely are putting additional strain on not only the other mounts, but also the other parts of the drivetrain if you don't replace all three as a set.
Bingo, hence why I said I'll be replacing the rest of the mounts in short order.

Reactions: ATR

Hoon

Autocross Champion
I wouldn't install 034 Street mounts if they were free.

Better off with stock.