GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

This is getting ridiculous!!

Ronan1

Ready to race!
lucky bastard... my 91 is about $3.80 these days.

x2 no point in complaining until you live in the Bay Area. Or try Ireland, where I am from. $9/gallon there. That is why we ALL drive diesels in Europe. :wink:

One positive aspect of increasing gas prices is that all those poxy SUV's slow the eff down on the freeway. See, a good thing happened. :biggrin:

LOUCFUR

DIÄBLÖ
Car(s)
GTI MKV

Vlad W. Tepes

Passed Driver's Ed
To all married men on the forum, now is the time to talk the wife into the motorcycle that you wanna get...Remember, it's a financially smart move for the future.

dustinwark

Miesian
Car(s)
'07 VW GTI

RevoGLI

i <3 canada land
Car(s)
2006 GLI
IMO things like gas and groceries I never really bitch about. I consider these things to be necessary.

I think it was the summer of 2008 where it hit $4 here.

cskm

Banned
Car(s)
GTI
How's gas prices in Europe and Australia for you guys out there? I'm sure that'll make everyone in the US stop complaining.

i dont know about Europe, but i know HK's gas prices yesterday was $11.36/gallon USD for 91octane :yikes: (verified by my dad)

cskm

Banned
Car(s)
GTI
wow gas prices just went up 10cents/litre today since yesterday... it is now 124.7 cents/litre of 89 octane..... 91 would be 131.7... :yikes:! which is almost 5 dollars/gallon US!!!

Manheim81c

Go Kart Champion
It was $3.51 for regular yesterday

Gas2011Feb.jpg

Lucidity

Marx
So how long until the working poor can no longer afford to drive and those just above them stop going places? Demand will eventually fall sharply, and with it the speculation that is driving the price increases.

Manheim81c

Go Kart Champion
So how long until the working poor can no longer afford to drive and those just above them stop going places? Demand will eventually fall sharply, and with it the speculation that is driving the price increases.

More like the unemployed...unemployment money only goes so far :word:

GruvDOne

Keeper of the Cheese
Car(s)
MkV GTI

Yup... even better would be if we would stop letting the world's economy be driven by fomenting, manipulating speculators. If I ever meet someone and they tell me that's what they do for a living, I will immediately kick them in the groin.

nhbubba

CEL free until 48,398 mi
Between mine and my wife's car we put about 100mi/day between them, mostly on hers. $5/gal is gonna suuuuuuck. I'm gonna have to start working from home more this summer.

That's nothing. I personally do 120mi/day since my job moved on me. Fortunately I work from home 2 days/week and only wind up buying gas 2x every 3 weeks or so.

Still, can't wait for the $60 fillups in the JSW. Wahoo.

Lucidity

Marx
More like the unemployed...unemployment money only goes so far :word:

QFT

Yup... even better would be if we would stop letting the world's economy be driven by fomenting, manipulating speculators. If I ever meet someone and they tell me that's what they do for a living, I will immediately kick them in the groin.

I hear ya, they have too many ways to earn their riches off the backs of the working class.