GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

This is getting ridiculous!!

theguy1084

Ready to race!
That's not even remotely close to accurate. Venezuela has gas at around 6 cents a gallon, while many countries in the Middle East have gas at 30-50 cents a gallon.

I am contracting in Kuwait and 98ron is $0.79 a gallon. It doesnt change everyday either like it does in the states.

This is Ryans face

Not sure if...
Car(s)
2011 GTI CCTA
People have barely begun to find jobs after the recession, which is still ongoing, hit. Gas was glorious at sub-$2 prices then. You're going to find less people going out, and the people on unemployment unable to drive to find jobs, because the money simply isn't there to justify filling up.

It's unfortunate that our "do nothing" president is still doing nothing.

LOUCFUR

DIÄBLÖ
Car(s)
GTI MKV
People have barely begun to find jobs after the recession, which is still ongoing, hit. Gas was glorious at sub-$2 prices then. You're going to find less people going out, and the people on unemployment unable to drive to find jobs, because the money simply isn't there to justify filling up.

i think president obama is kool, but he hasnt done shit in 3 yrs ...

This is Ryans face

Not sure if...
Car(s)
2011 GTI CCTA
He's "kool" because...?

Personally speaking, he's as good to this country as the queen is to england. Just a diplomatic figure head with a good smile, and the ability to make people feel good about the screwjob they're getting from the government. Hate to drag politics into any discussion, but facts are facts.

Very bitter-fueled political rant whited out below. Highlight if you wish to read.

Trying to take more money from the struggling middle class, and give it to a lower class living on undeserved disability, and government assistance without administering bi-weekly drug screenings, or fraud investigations is laughable. Allowing local governments to take away more and more benefits from teachers that barely make enough money to support themselves as it is, when we send our snotnosed punk kids off to be taught, should be impeachable. I hate the thought of giving portions of my paycheck away to someone who just doesn't feel like working anymore, as I've been working every day since I was legally allowed to at the age of 15. Makes me want to shove said person out the window. Allowing gas/oil prices to climb outrageously, because of speculators making eyeball remarks in regards to the middle east about a country that supplies 1.7% of the world's oil, mostly going to ITALY, and not the rest of the world, and still sitting on his hands about trying to mandate limitations.

Apparently, he doesn't realize that the recession will not end, until the super negatives, such as bad debt, imploding housing markets, deplorable loaning systems, and outrageous oil prices are all righted, and are monitored by a government agency to insure the best scenario for the people in the long run. Sending a space shuttle into orbit to collect a space dust sample, spending a cool $500 mil on rocket fuel, just to get the shuttle into orbit alone, while the American people still have to take hit after hit, and make sacrifices just to make it. Do we really need to bring another ant farm into space from some kindergarten class?

Personally, I want my money back from those bail outs we gave to those banks, and financial industries. They spent it on themselves, and not improving the failing systems they had, which is what their goal was in the first place.

It's unfortunate that this goon was voted into office with hopes of change, and now the only change I hear of is the change the 40 homeless people I see on the street corner are begging for. This country is as gullible as shit.

Last edited:

07mkvgti

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
06 GTi

i dont' think this is completely accurate. just because someone can't gas up their car, doesn't mean people can't go find jobs. If they really want a job, all they have to do is use public transportation, granted their area has it.

This is Ryans face

Not sure if...
Car(s)
2011 GTI CCTA
i dont' think this is completely accurate. just because someone can't gas up their car, doesn't mean people can't go find jobs. If they really want a job, all they have to do is use public transportation, granted their area has it.

Yeah, good idea. Rely on unreliable public transportation to get you to your job interview, or first day of work, or even thereafter for that matter. It's a good thing public transportation is immune to rising gas prices too, right? :thumbsup:

Back2VW

LOL WUT
Personally speaking, he's as good to this country as the queen is to england. Just a diplomatic figure head with a good smile, and the ability to make people feel good about the screwjob they're getting from the government. [/COLOR]

All of my response below has been whited out. :wink:

TARP was forced on Congress by the Bush Administration.

It was concieved and forced down their throats to thwart off a "large colapse of our banking system". Now we know it was just the bank's working hand in hand with the administration to craft their own bailout.

I think its funny that you act like he is different.

Every elected politician bows to another higher power other than the mass of citizens.

"David Koch is on line 2."

This country has never been for the people by the people. Its always been an Oligarchy.

Before it was male land owners... now its corporate influences that run the government.

So before you start on a rant about what you perceive is one man bringing down our hallowed "Republic" please understand nothing has changed.

This divisive view the politics of this country is exactly what "they" want.

How Republicans want to cut taxes and have small government... Dems want to tax and spend. Blah blah blah.

Silly old ideological stereotypes that do nothing to actually help us solve issues.

If you actually look at what is voted on and what they really stand for neither is good for this country.

Wake up.

This is Ryans face

Not sure if...
Car(s)
2011 GTI CCTA
I wasn't solely pointing the finger at the current administration. I was giving it the finger, rather, and r'loling at all the Franklin's and Roosevelts who voted him in, with the promise of something better, only to get another Lyndon B Johnson.

Right when we could use that helping hand, they would rather hand us a bill and tell us to pay it within 30 days.

07mkvgti

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
06 GTi
Yeah, good idea. Rely on unreliable public transportation to get you to your job interview, or first day of work, or even thereafter for that matter. It's a good thing public transportation is immune to rising gas prices too, right? :thumbsup:

well, would you rather rely on public transportation, or maybe a ride form a friend to get to your interview, or would you rather say, "fuck it, i have no gas, i can't do anything with my life." sounds like a better idea to me than walking, and hell, even walking can get people to their interview, or a bicycle. i just think that using no gas is a stupid lazy excuse for someone not to go to a job interview, and in that case, they deserve to be jobless.

This is Ryans face

Not sure if...
Car(s)
2011 GTI CCTA
Well then now you see the vacuum there. The public transit system is pretty much an urban perk, and rather unreliable. Your friend still has to pay for gas, and you have to respect those who would rather not ride public transit in fear of their life.

07mkvgti

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
06 GTi
Well then now you see the vacuum there. The public transit system is pretty much an urban perk, and rather unreliable. Your friend still has to pay for gas, and you have to respect those who would rather not ride public transit in fear of their life.

again, all i'm trying to say is that not being able to afford gas is a stupid idea for people to not look for jobs. if you really want to get a job, you will get it.

Lucidity

Marx
He's "kool" because...?

Personally speaking, he's as good to this country as the queen is to england. Just a diplomatic figure head with a good smile, and the ability to make people feel good about the screwjob they're getting from the government. Hate to drag politics into any discussion, but facts are facts.

Very bitter-fueled political rant whited out below. Highlight if you wish to read.

I think you're completely off to try and put this on the back of one person. You think he or anyone that would have been elected in his place can really do anything about oil speculation or TARP? First off both of those were voted on before he was elected, and second of all he wouldn't have been able to get anything passed with all of the blue dog types that were in office and now with all of the tea party and hard right leaning individuals out there.

Yes all of us in the middle class and below have been gamed and preyed upon by the upper class, but that's not going to change because we have an overly pragmatic moderate in office? You complain about local and state issues over which the federal branch of government has no control over, and you fail to come to the realization that many of those pensions are being cut because they have lost value (due to the stock market) and the states simply can't afford to make up the difference, or if you're WI you can't afford a teachers union because you just passed millions in tax cuts....

You talk of government hand outs for the poor and undeserving, but fail to acknowledge the extreme amounts of money that go into corporate subsidies or the effective tax rates of millionaires being below 20%, the exportation of jobs, or the cost it takes for upkeep of an empire. It seems that all of your contempt and loathing is misplaced.