GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Top Gear/Fifth Gear thread

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
newtogolf said:
i used 2 watch the original top gear back in the 90s. it was only really clarksons stuff i watched though, the others were a bit boring when they got all techy. tiff did a review of a 91 honda civic and it was just so scientific.

now its more entertaining.

yeah it was...just watched a review of a toyota camry circa 1992, and they loved it, but it was extremely technical...the major complaint was about the round knobs for adujsting the seats...but this was during the days of william woolard and such, no entertainment value, just told it like it was...which wasn't necssicarliy a bad thing, but much different than it is now.

damo

Oval Newbie
Kirium said:
Bit torrent my friend.

For all those wondering, head to www.utorrent.com and download v1.6

Once installed, you need to find a torrent, like the one on the page I linked to in the first post. Click on the .torrent link and then uTorrent will automatically start downloading the file. Or you may need to direct your downloader to the uTorrent.exe then it should associate itself with .torrent files after that. let it download and then once it's complete, open it with divx player and enjoy. Read the FAQ on uTorrent's webpage if you get stuck.
Thank you:thumbsup:

bennylenny88

bora bora dude
Car(s)
Golf mk5 GTTDI 2.0
thanks matey! getting my speed tested right now!

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
So it was good to see the .:R32 kicked BMW arse again. The .:R was also faster around the TG track, so that's 2 from 2 for the peoples car... :thumbsup: I wonder who won a nice new R32??

Also, the latest episode of Fifth Gear is now available. Click here to get it...

Tiff finds out in typically dramatic style which is quicker off-road – a 4x4 or a motorcycle. He goes head-to-head with Simon Pavey, the hard-as-nails Dakar racer who taught Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman how to ride. The race is fast and furious, but Tiff’s effort to keep up is rather too enthusiastic – nearly rolling down the side of a cliff!

Meanwhile, Jason is on the B3018 in Wiltshire – recently dubbed Britain’s bendiest road. He drives the Brooke Double R – a lightweight road car styled like a 60s Grand Prix car – that happens to be the quickest car we’ve tested this series.

Vicki road-tests the new Ford S-Max – the sevenseater MPV that’s surprisingly fun to drive. After skidding it round like a sportscar, Vicki decides to put its credentials to the ultimate test. Filling the car full of pensioners, she embarks on an unusual land speed record attempt – for the furthest distance travelled in one hour by seven people in an MPV!

Tiff puts his reputation on the line at the first round of the new D1GB Championship – a new series designed to find the best drifters in the UK. We’re used to seeing Tiff powerslide the most expensive cars in the world, but how will his skills cope when he’s under the intense pressure of doing it in front of a crowd against the hottest young drivers in the UK?

We’ll also have a report from behind the scenes of 'The Fast and the Furious – Tokyo Drift’, revealing how the amazing cars were prepared and stunts performed.

And Tom flies out to Austria on Alan Sugar’s private jet to test the TT on the picturesque snow-lined roads of the Alps.

Discussion to follow in this thread

FYI, Top Gear is back on this coming Sunday night :thumbsup:

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
Well the new Audi TT looks very nice. I love the interior. Looks very comfortable and sporty. The Ford S-Max was quite a surprise too. Watching a mini MPV drifting around a track looked weird, but it uses the 2.5 Turbo from the Focus ST, so it's got a bit of power.

Looking forward to the new Porsche 911 Turbo review next week. :thumbsup:

gti5dr06

Autocross Newbie
i did enjoy top gear's review of the mkv gti and r32 comp vs the bmw 130i but i just can't stand jeremy clarkson and find myself liking Fifth gear so much more as they have real racing drivers and none of the bickering that seems to go on every other episode between the three...oh and about the last ep there was nothing about FF3 in there

haha i read someone mentioning the technicalities that tiff goes over..the funny thing is that jeremy is the engineer and yet he seems a bit well stupid sometimes...and tiff on the other hand he appreciates the technical details even though he's a race car driver first

zerogt86

FIA World Rally Car Champion
gti5dr06 said:
i did enjoy top gear's review of the mkv gti and r32 comp vs the bmw 130i but i just can't stand jeremy clarkson and find myself liking Fifth gear so much more as they have real racing drivers and none of the bickering that seems to go on every other episode between the three...oh and about the last ep there was nothing about FF3 in there

haha i read someone mentioning the technicalities that tiff goes over..the funny thing is that jeremy is the engineer and yet he seems a bit well stupid sometimes...and tiff on the other hand he appreciates the technical details even though he's a race car driver first

Actually, im pretty sure jeremy isnt a real engineer. I believe Tiff however did go to school for civil engineering, and somehow did the whole pro racing thing...

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
Jeremy's doctorate was completely honorary... He famously received a cream pie in the face while receiving it. :laugh:

bennylenny88

bora bora dude
Car(s)
Golf mk5 GTTDI 2.0
no no no.. when he set that caravan on fire!!! haha best bit has to be the unlimited point turn :biggrin:

bennylenny88

bora bora dude
Car(s)
Golf mk5 GTTDI 2.0
can someone find me episode 7 of top gear that was shown today on a torrent site??
thanks ppl!