GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Top Gear/Fifth Gear thread

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
I thought it'd be good to keep all the Top Gear/Fifth Gear chatter in one thread...

Anyway, last nights episode has a shoot-out by Tiff Needel between the Golf R32 and BMW 130i M Sport....

head here to get downloading... :thumbup:

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
ah fifth gear is behind i see...top gear already did that shoot-out last year :thumbup:

...man i wish that show would be brought back to the states :frown: it gets old downloading it all the time...

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, but they don't give away the (very worthy) winner to a viewer on Top Gear... :biggrin:

Last edited:

bennylenny88

bora bora dude
Car(s)
Golf mk5 GTTDI 2.0
whilst on the subject of this.. can anyone tell me how to use a damn bittorrent?!?!

damo

Oval Newbie
bennylenny88 said:
whilst on the subject of this.. can anyone tell me how to use a damn bittorrent?!?!
x2

damo

Oval Newbie
Kirium said:
I thought it'd be good to keep all the Top Gear/Fifth Gear chatter in one thread...

Anyway, last nights episode has a shoot-out by Tiff Needel between the Golf R32 and BMW 130i M Sport....

head here to get downloading... :thumbup:
Kirium where did you see this last night, was it on TV ? There was an episode on foxtel last night but it was the Jason in the F430 and Chris Ryan the SAS guy with Tiff in the STi and M3

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
damo said:
Kirium where did you see this last night, was it on TV ? There was an episode on foxtel last night but it was the Jason in the F430 and Chris Ryan the SAS guy with Tiff in the STi and M3

Bit torrent my friend.

For all those wondering, head to www.utorrent.com and download v1.6

Once installed, you need to find a torrent, like the one on the page I linked to in the first post. Click on the .torrent link and then uTorrent will automatically start downloading the file. Or you may need to direct your downloader to the uTorrent.exe then it should associate itself with .torrent files after that. let it download and then once it's complete, open it with divx player and enjoy. Read the FAQ on uTorrent's webpage if you get stuck.

Vivid

Formula 5000 Driver
I like Tiff and the 5th gear crew, their show is a bit more driver focused where as Top Gear is a bit more of a comedy show... I dl and watch both, really good shows

KaynE

FIA World Rally Car Champion
lol I love both shows. But I'm more leaned towards TG because the show is more fun to watch. I have EVERY Top Gear episode from 2002.

Is it just me or does FG copy TG a lot?

Vivid

Formula 5000 Driver
KaynE said:
Is it just me or does FG copy TG a lot?

It may look that way but FG came from TG... TG was ending the show so some of the guys started FG... I see some similarities but they do focus on the same topic fun cars.

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
I think they both copy from each other.

Top Gear has probably proven more popular which is why there are a few similarities now being shown on Fifth Gear, but I like the fact they're driver oriented.

Both Tiff and Jason are BTCC champions. They've got infinately more cred as racers and drivers than the TG crew, but I appreciate TG because it's more light entertainment/comedy with a focus on cars, rather than FG, which is a dedicated car show. This is very true also with all the crash testing and more scientific testing they (usually) do.

Both have their place in the market, and I like each for different reasons.

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
yes, both great shows...and both a hell of a lot more entertaining than the original top gear show...circa 1980's

newtogolf

FIA World Rally Car Champion
i used 2 watch the original top gear back in the 90s. it was only really clarksons stuff i watched though, the others were a bit boring when they got all techy. tiff did a review of a 91 honda civic and it was just so scientific.

now its more entertaining.