GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

GolferGTI12

Ready to race!
Is there a way to get lubrication above? Like where the doggone goes in from the side?
@torga had this issue. I think he just kept picking and pulling at it until it came out.
Thread the pendulum arm back in and then you can use that as a pry bar to wiggle while you grab it with a pliers
Tried going after them with a pick set?

Thanks for the advice guys! Im taking a break to watch some baseball and cool off and then I'll be back at it in a little while. I think im going to use a combination of all suggestions. Lube it, use the pendulum arm, and a set of picks/pliers to pull it out

uglybastard

Autocross Champion

torga

Autocross Champion
Anyone have any advice for removing a "torque arm insert" from the dogbone mount area? Tried getting it out and the flat top part of it just ripped off leaving the other parts in the subframe bushing. Ive been trying to use pliers to grab the remaining parts and I've had no luck
@torga had this issue. I think he just kept picking and pulling at it until it came out.
Thread the pendulum arm back in and then you can use that as a pry bar to wiggle while you grab it with a pliers
Yep, this helped a lot. Do this, and go at it with a variety of channel lock, needle nose, and picks. It was such a PITA. Poly dogbone inserts are straight garbage.

torga

Autocross Champion
What did you end up replacing the insert with?
034's upper and lower billet inserts. Slathered in lithium grease so as to protect the OEM rubber, they went right in, no issues. Paired with my BSH engine/trans mounts and the APR pendulum, it's real tight.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
3500 since last oil change. It's at the bottom of the cross hatches.

A. Change it
B. Add some
C. She's gonnnaa blow!!
D. Go post on face tube

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Every time I used castrol I burned a bit by 3500. Top it off. Can I recommend Liquimoly nugen 5w40? I swapped to that and only oil loss I has was due to a leaking valve cover.

Word. I was looking at the moly yesterday, and I already have a filter in stock. I'll probably hold off a while longer tho (y)

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Imma try the Liquid Moly in the Jetta in a few weeks. The GTI is loving the RedLine so I'm sticking with that for now.