GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Next Car Swap

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
PlacMan, you should look at the TempurPedic Choice Lux. That's the one we got, fully adjustable zones/air chambers along with 10" of tempurpedic foam. Fucking love this bed. Love it. Changed our lives.

http://www.tempurpedic.com/TEMPUR-Choice-Collection/Tempur-Pedic-TEMPUR-Choice-Luxe.asp

$4,100 for a king. Prob $5000 out the door after tax and all the bs extras.

or $2750 + tax for the sleep number that normally runs $5,500.

http://www.sleepnumber.com/sn/en/Be...?cm_sp=USNE-_-Homepage-_-021715-Hero-iLE50off

there are about 20% poor reviews on the sleep number bed on that page. makes you stop and think before spending about $3000.. i bought a Beautyrest Black because I wanted firm.. I got the 2nd from firmest, the only thing firmer would have been "ultra firm". But I sink in 6-9" on this bed when i sit on it. I don't consider that firm..

i might try and work on the body impressions, and try and get an inspector to warranty it. then i don't have to throw out $2300 that I spent on this bed.

My $10,200 check hasn't arrived yet, I expect it in the next 3-4 working days. The CX-5 title already arrived and the buyer already has it in his possession.

Last edited:

aj_law

Go Kart Champion
bah i guess i still like my all black one better.

If you're ever interested in parting with the all black grill, please let me know.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
just for kicks, i sent out an offer request to that dealer that offered me huge money on the CX-5.

they valued my GTI:

"Depending on the condition of your 2013 GTI, you can expect around the ballpark of $18,500."

shit, not bad... most of my trade offers are $16,000. Still, i owe $19,200. Wouldnt ever get rid of it for a loss. Was just curious, and looks like her offer was better as I expected.

so i am almost broke even in the next few months, but i want to be 3000 ahead.

Last edited:

DaveSTR

Go Kart Champion
just for kicks, i sent out an offer request to that dealer that offered me huge money on the CX-5.

the valued my GTI:

"Depending on the condition of your 2013 GTI, you can expect around the ballpark of $18,500."

shit, not bad... most of my trade offers are $16,000. Still, i owe $19,200. Was just curious, and looks like her offer was better as I expected.

Not bad. Sold my 12 base 6spd GTi for 17000 with exactly 30k miles for 17,000 in Nov.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Not bad. Sold my 12 base 6spd GTi for 17000 with exactly 30k miles for 17,000 in Nov.

mine is well above base and less miles, so looks like you got the better deal. if a base w 30k miles is worth 17k, my almost fully loaded one with 22k should be worth 19k.

McQueen77

Banned
http://www.tempurpedic.com/TEMPUR-Choice-Collection/Tempur-Pedic-TEMPUR-Choice-Luxe.asp

$4,100 for a king. Prob $5000 out the door after tax and all the bs extras.

or $2750 + tax for the sleep number that normally runs $5,500.

http://www.sleepnumber.com/sn/en/Be...?cm_sp=USNE-_-Homepage-_-021715-Hero-iLE50off

there are about 20% poor reviews on the sleep number bed on that page. makes you stop and think before spending about $3000.. i bought a Beautyrest Black because I wanted firm.. I got the 2nd from firmest, the only thing firmer would have been "ultra firm". But I sink in 6-9" on this bed when i sit on it. I don't consider that firm..

i might try and work on the body impressions, and try and get an inspector to warranty it. then i don't have to throw out $2300 that I spent on this bed.

My $10,200 check hasn't arrived yet, I expect it in the next 3-4 working days. The CX-5 title already arrived and the buyer already has it in his possession.

I've personally known a number of people who were really bummed on the sleep number bed. The Tempurpedic also comes with a 30 year bumper to bumper warranty... Yeah with a King size choice lux, sheets, moisture resistant cover and the actual bed, it was like $5000. That's some coin but we'll probably have this bed until we are in our 50's and we did 2 years 0% interest. There is something to be said for knowing you have one of the best beds money can buy. You sleep 1/3 of your life.. It's not to be underestimated. Granted, much of it is for the wife since she likes a mattress that resembles a bean bag and I like it firm... If we both could agree we could have saved a few grand. Fucking women. I will say, I travel a fair amount for work and stay in decent 3-4 star hotels and when I get home, the superiority of our bed is immediately noticeable.

Vacuums and mattresses again....da fuq...

Hey bro, just take it easy. What is better, talking about Suburu?

Desert MVIGTI

Go Kart Champion
Hey bro, just take it easy. What is better, talking about Suburu?

Now that I look back on it the Dodge Charger as a topic was a high water mark.

Plac, I second McQueen's TempurPedic endorsement. One member of the team can be sleeping fitfully, tossing and turning and what not, and the other person barely notices.....just aborbs all of that motion transferance.

You won't be sleeping fitfully because of the bed either....shit be comfy, bro.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Now that I look back on it the Dodge Charger as a topic was a high water mark.

Plac, I second McQueen's TempurPedic endorsement. One member of the team can be sleeping fitfully, tossing and turning and what not, and the other person barely notices.....just aborbs all of that motion transferance.

You won't be sleeping fitfully because of the bed either....shit be comfy, bro.

i had a tempur-pedic, remember? we both hated it. it was the least firm thing i ever owned. i want to sleep on a piece of plywood basically. i bet my back would improve.

the only time i dont wake up with a sore back is when i took 2 aleives before bed.

McQueen77

Banned
Dude, Plac best join that shit because I don't want to have to post on this forum anymore. I think Troy will be stoked because he can drop N bombs all day long on that low budget ass purple colored forum and make disparaging remarks about people's children.