GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Next Car Swap

PetrolHead

When's the next track day
Car(s)
MKVI GTI
At least on those the ridiculous camber kills the tires long before lack of rotating does.

Aside:

I kinda wish LMs were cheap enough for me to put on my C5, doe

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I don't like those wheels on a C5 the fronts looks hideously small.

The best looking wheels on a C5 are either stock C5z wheels or CCW classics. But that is just my opinion.

PetrolHead

When's the next track day
Car(s)
MKVI GTI
You can afford them. There are college students on this forum trading $2500 RAMZ every other month so they can have a new look to hard park.

I can afford it, I just think spending money on ramz is a waste.

I have no clue how those kidz afford it. I couldn't afford anything in college.

The best looking wheels on a C5 are either stock C5z wheels or CCW classics. But that is just my opinion.

Agreed that the fronts look too small, but I think a square 18" LM setup would be sick on the C5. Pretty close to the CCW classics, really.

But I'll agree, C5Z wheels are the absolute best. I'm still too cheap for those too. Maybe once I burn through the tires on my thin spokes and decide whether or not the car is staying I'll consider finding some Z wheels. :iono:

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
damn.. almost thinking about taking the all black front grill off for a while and going back to this one.. since i advertised it for sale today.. always the way it goes... maybe the all black batman look has gone on long enough.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
i had a car for 4 years once. true story.

bought a 1997 nissan truck new. kept it until 2002 when i got my nissan sentra spec-v.

NISSAN HARDBODY!!! Loved those. I went from an 87 Sentra to a 89 Mazda B2200. Loved thart stupid little Mazda. Slow as balls, but still fun.

Lol

I'm glad most of us started with a small POS truck.

I just ended up back in one. :)

I ended up in one too. Sort of. It is just bigger.

Agreed.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Dat black frontal hole, looks cheaper and aftermarket IMO.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
Honestly the black grill makes the car look like a sleeper, only stance bros can tell a difference on bumper gti vs regular golf.

For other people or car people who are not familiar with vw's, gti = dat red stripe grille.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
I do prefer the stock look over anything, but the tiny chrome strips look solid. Wonder how it would look with chrome strips and blacked out VW badge. Or chrome badge with black stripes. It breaks both up. Interesting.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
I do prefer the stock look over anything, but the tiny chrome strips look solid. Wonder how it would look with chrome strips and blacked out VW badge. Or chrome badge with black stripes. It breaks both up. Interesting.

that can't happen, because the black badge is glued on. all part of my debadging/cosmetic series of videos a couple months ago.