GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Maserati Situation

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
There has been lots of controversy over the direction that Maserati is going in. They have been making more "mainstream" luxury cars like the Ghibli, and the new Quattroporte is much less "exclusive", as in it uses all Chrysler switches and infotainment systems. The build quality may be going up and I don't think they'll have any more issues like the sticky plastics in hot weather. How does everyone feel about this? Is it good that Maserati is becoming more mainstream, and they are expanding, or is it bad that they are doing this because they are "Watering Down" the brand image and losing their exclusiveness in that niche market?

Personally, I feel like it's good that Maserati is doing this because I couldn't see them surviving without expanding in the market. The Ghibli looks like a nice car, and I can see it providing decent competition, especially because of the Italian styling. Definitely is more aggressively-styled than an A6/E-Class/5-Series.

Discuss.

Last edited:

outshined

Go Kart Champion
I like saying Maserati. And their exhausts generally sound nice. That's the end of my interest in Maserati. Maserati.

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
I like saying Maserati. And their exhausts generally sound nice. That's the end of my interest in Maserati. Maserati.

And that right there is what can sway some, well, clueless consumers with a large sum of cash right there.

Desert MVIGTI

Go Kart Champion
Now what you gotta do, I'll tell you what you gotta do
You got to pretend your face is a Maserati
It's a Maserati
It's a Maserati
It's a gettin' hotty
It's a Maserati, Maserati, Maserati
It's a fast one too man, that thing's turbocharged
You feel like a little fuel injection honey?

-Ted Nugent

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
Now what you gotta do, I'll tell you what you gotta do
You got to pretend your face is a Maserati
It's a Maserati
It's a Maserati
It's a gettin' hotty
It's a Maserati, Maserati, Maserati
It's a fast one too man, that thing's turbocharged
You feel like a little fuel injection honey?

-Ted Nugent

... :lol:

WAP

Go Kart Champion

Maserati.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
Maseratis somehow remind me of new nissans in terms of exterior design in some ways, even the keyless entry is with a button unlike bmw and vw which you simply put your hand in

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
Maseratis somehow remind me of new nissans in terms of exterior design in some ways, even the keyless entry is with a button unlike bmw and vw which you simply put your hand in

I could see that, especially with a model like the Maxima. Curves & lines are quite similar.

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
Maserati.

No, the nice one to say is "Quattroporte"

Of course it just means "four-door", they have been getting away with names like this because any word in Italian sounds amazing.

DaveSTR

Go Kart Champion
There has been lots of controversy over the direction that Maserati is going in. They have been making more "mainstream" luxury cars like the Ghibli, and the new Quattroporte is much less "exclusive", as in it uses all Chrysler switches and infotainment systems. The build quality may be going up and I don't think they'll have any more issues like the sticky plastics in hot weather. How does everyone feel about this? Is it good that Maserati is becoming more mainstream, and they are expanding, or is it bad that they are doing this because they are "Watering Down" the brand image and losing their exclusiveness in that niche market?

Personally, I feel like it's good that Maserati is doing this because I couldn't see them surviving without expanding in the market. The Ghibli looks like a nice car, and I can see it providing decent competition, especially because of the Italian styling. Definitely is more aggressively-styled than an A6/E-Class/5-Series.

Discuss.

Maserati sales are at a record high. They seem to have a good solid market for the demographic they target. They certainly offer a distinctive set of vehicles for consideration vs the normal German luxury makes. They also have the best exhaust note of any mainstream maker. The coupe, Ghibli and Quattroporte sound amazing under throttle.

I would gladly own any of them. You certainly wont see yourself coming or going in the sea of 3/5/7 Beemers or Audi models on the road. They appear very robust as I see many on the road here in Germany in the winter with winter tires. That actually says a lot.

SayaGTI

www.meatspin.com
In the end, they're still running a business. Catering to enthusiasts of the brand only makes so much money.

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
Maserati is supposed to be more mainstream....they just never had the product line to do so. They want to be in the upper reaches of the German, ever since they started making Quattroporte ages ago. At least now they are doing it in a feasible manner with actual quality...

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
Maserati is doing just fine(new cars,good prices & AWD/Diesel options). Since Fiat (Ferrari) ownership it was never meant to be Mainstream just yet from the get go,but they seem they are building and selling them already..The reason they have sedans and coupes is because in the portfolio of the corporation, there is not other brand here yet ,that can sell good as Maserati(Alfa Might). Ferrari was enemy number one of Maserati sport cars long time ago,now they produce engine for it. The brand is a great option if you are tired of the "Same" BMW / Mercedes Benz,coming in different flavors and possibly making good sell all around since its re-introduction with this time new technologies. And the cheapest Ferrari engine money can buy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBgA7jCsCBs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_r4IWTn-oU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlBFdR12vEY