GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The "I love my DSG and haven't had any problems with it" thread

tooraktrash

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 Golf GTI
Well since there has been a lot of talk comparing DSG to 6MT and people complaining/reporting issues about DSG, I thought it was about time we gave the DSG the love it deserves and report on the good aspects of the DSG.

I have DSG and although I have only done about 26000ks in my car I haven't had any issues with it.

I love it. Its great for commuting and then giving the car a squirt on the weekends or on the way home on a Friday night.

To me its one of the best things about the GTI and was what made me chose the GTI over some of its competitors.

So lets all share our love for the Direct Shift Gearbox! :thumbsup:

(And yes I am very bored at work this morning)

just_quietly

Power Banned
Car(s)
Mk5 Golf GTI 07 spec
DSG is a superb gearbox found in many exclusive cars however..................................................................auto is boring. IMO. :bellyroll:

Androo

lolwut... ??
I love my DSG. So so much.
I love my DSG. It changes gears quick.
I love my DSG. It gives me more time to spend with my GF.
I love my DSG. The launch control works great.
I love my DSG. The fart at 3000rpm sounds great.
I love my DSG. I haven't had any problems with it, 06 GTI with 27000km.

Last edited:

clutrz

Passed Driver's Ed
hell yeah. I've had my GTI for a whopping 4 days now and the DSG has been super reliable!

jokes aside I love mine too. The speed of gear changes and the little pop fart between gears is great.

The DSG brain seems to adjust pretty quickly to my mood as well.

the only thing I hate about the DSG is that people get in my car and say "Why'd you buy an auto". Ignorant f****ers.

Tensixty6

Old & Senile
I, too, love my DSG, but then, I'm just not a manual guy, never have been. No problems after 48,000 k's. KNOCK ON WOOD.

Last edited:

iluvbrownale

White Lightning
A farewell dinner with friends who were over from UK resulted in the tradition of everyone proposing a toast. My buddy, who'd been using the gti for a couple of weeks simply toasted "To DSG". Cue rolling of eyes from gf's ....

Androo

lolwut... ??
OT - Without wishing to come across as being overly sensative, as someone who is still feeling the sadness of loosing my mother earlier this year, ANDROO, mate, l find your bold remark just plain offensive. Is it really necessary to say something like that. Mothers, in general, deserve more respect. If you could edit that out, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

Sorry to hear of your lose. My condolences. It wasn't meant to mean anything or directly targeted at "mothers", being a bloke i'm sure you know what i meant. Edited.

Last edited:

G-rig

Go Kart Champion
DSG can be awesome...

when its working like it should

Pretty much sums it up.

I originally ordered dsg in a gti but changed to a 6mt r32 at the last minute.

Would still like to get a dsg car in the future, it's pretty cool.

tooraktrash

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 Golf GTI
DSG can be awesome...

when its working like it should

I won't stand for any of your blasphemy Mark!

:biggrin:

onpole01

ILoveMyMKVGTI
My DSG is faultless at 64K!

It is the best part of my GTI IMO as without that gearbox I would not enjoy the rest of the car/engine as much as I do.

Changing down is as much as fun as changing up and it has impressed all who have been in it. No one says 'Auto' when they get in my car more like "it's like an F1 gearbox'-what do I tell them?

"Exactly!"

Paul_OH

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf GT TSI
I thought given the title this would have been one of the shortest threads ever! :wink:

I am happy to hear though that some (most?) have been faultless and enjoying the experience :w00t:

TDI_DSG

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf MK5
126k kms on mine and ZERO problems to date.

Jason.

funny

VCDS guru & soon Dad x2 !
Car(s)
Golf MkV GTI MY07
Without DSG I wouldn't be on this forum... (being the non-stick driver that I am)
DSG FTW!

AGRo

Ready to race!
Yep, if it wasn't for DSG I wouldn't have bought the GTI :) Stop/Start in Shitdney traffic would by my nightmare in a MT but I wanted a performance small car as well. DSG is perfect for me even when it has a brain fart on rare occasions lol