GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Golfmkv OFF-TOPIC chat (Part 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
I assume that wasn't covered under warranty. What are you doing with the FRS these days?

Nope. I bought a used motor with 1,800 miles on it and dropped it in. I'm still DDing and AutoXing it.

Two weeks ago:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427598533.666210.jpg

Subie2013

Humble yourself
Lol I guess. 30k for something with 40k...fuck. I suppose Evo IX's go for that kind of money too and they're 9 years old now.
Read Blaine comment. There are 06-07 STI's with 50-60k on the clock being sold for $26-28k. I mean Jesus, they are all expensive. A clean EVO 9 is the same exact way, and even harder to find. There are 06-07 STI's with 100k+ miles going for $20k+
It's hard to find a clean EVO or STi of ANY gen under $18k these days. Only the shitty ones with 150k miles are "cheap"

Yup

hairyblackrabbit

Powerful like a gorilla
Going to go with matt and say dont buy a used out of warranty sti for 30k

33 can get you a used high mile (20-40k) 14' ss (auto only in 14').

Ls3> Ej

Theres a white one with <40k miles listed at <33k in OK and a red one with 15 ish at 34.

Rwd>awd

Last edited:

kdisjubjub

shhh I'm hunting wabbits
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
Get it back Tyler. You loved it and it seems like the right time and opportunity to be back in it. Who cares about other cars if this is the one you really like at the end of the day.

Callsign_Jester

traction is for pussies
I don't know. I didn't spend any money talking the first motor apart. It had no coolant and burnt oil so I'm guessing headgasket. But it never smoked.

Hmm, sounds about right. Damn, way to go Blaine. Kilt it reel gud.

Ls3> Ej

Theres a white one with <40k miles listed at <33k in OK and a red one with 15 ish at 34.

Rwd>awd

sso many fissh in the ssea

#malibuclub

STOP TRYING TO MAKE THE SS A THING. IT'S NOT GONNA BECOME A THING.

Austin_hull

Für Die Liebe Des Autos
Car(s)
MK5 TR GTI REVO// +
That seems pricey Tyler...but, finding a clean STI/EVO that hasn't been beat on is pretty hard....if you've got your ducks in a row, I'd say go for it.

Subie2013

Humble yourself

Ls3> Ej

Rwd>awd
Uh, warranty would be voided in the first 2 weeks of me having any STI I bought. That isn't even a concern for me.

And I'll pass on the SS.

Status
Not open for further replies.