GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

THE Formula One Thread

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
I'm really hoping the happiest man in F1 (Ricardo) is in talks with Audi. I would love to see him return to the driver's seat.
Sign me up for that, but I'd guess Audi is going to want at least one German driver from a sponsor POV.

Perez was doing pretty well in the beginning (I mean, he's 2nd in points) it's just the last couple where he's really been spectacularly out for some reason. Does he have a new girlfriend or something? Just seems like he's not all in the cockpit sometimes.

He better be 2nd in points, he's one of two drivers in the fastest car on the grid. I have a feeling the direction they've taken the RB to maximize it's set-up/speed/etc. is a hinderance to Perez. Plus he was pushing to keep his point tally in touch with Max, but that WDC ship was never leaving the dock. Even with his poor performances as of late, RB still has double the points of the 2nd place Merc.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 Golf R Stg3 APR
Sign me up for that, but I'd guess Audi is going to want at least one German driver from a sponsor POV.

Are you saying Germans are racist? LOL

I saw rumors they might grab Zhou from Alfa which sounds like a mistake to me but could depend on who they get for the #1. They should get someone with some experience who can drop in and, presumably, start getting some decent points right away.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
anything happen for this race? was out of the country for it and didn't have the time to watch before spoilers were everywhere. just watched the highlights for this one. nice job Fernando getting P2 back from Lewis

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
My thing is, Montreal is obviously a straight line/power track and with VER only being that far ahead of HAM/ALO they might be closer than we think on a more technical or ""normal"" track.
wasn't there a SC though? or was it a VSC, I did not watch the full race. I wonder how far VER would be if the SC hadn't closed up the pack. again, idk how far ahead VER was before SC period, didn't watch

Perez was doing pretty well in the beginning (I mean, he's 2nd in points) it's just the last couple where he's really been spectacularly out for some reason. Does he have a new girlfriend or something? Just seems like he's not all in the cockpit sometimes.

If Pérez keeps this up, he's very much in danger of losing P2 in the WDC to Alonso (he's only 9 points away). If that happens, I highly doubt we'll be seeing Pérez in RBR colors next year.

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
wasn't there a SC though? or was it a VSC, I did not watch the full race. I wonder how far VER would be if the SC hadn't closed up the pack. again, idk how far ahead VER was before SC period, didn't watch

If Pérez keeps this up, he's very much in danger of losing P2 in the WDC to Alonso (he's only 9 points away). If that happens, I highly doubt we'll be seeing Pérez in RBR colors next year.
If you added up the gap before the SC and the finishing times, VER would have been 15ish seconds up the road. Better than 30 seconds, but still too far to be worried quite yet with Max in autopilot up front. Now that AM is bringing updates and Merc's correlation issues are sorted/bringing further updates, I'd like to hope that the gap continues to shrink.

I fully expect RB is looking for a new #2 driver already.

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
Couldn't find just the 2022 Austria track map, so we get 2021, 2022 and 2023.

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
Qualifying for Sunday is done

Man, wtf was up with all the deleted lap times? I get it, limits are limits, but holy shit the whole quali was sloppy

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf SW 4mo
You know what would solve all these track limit issues?

a 2m strip of grass on the edge of the track before the tarmac runoff starts.

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
That could work for sure. I've also wondered if they could come up with some super harsh deg surface outside the line and just absolutely chew the tires up.

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf SW 4mo
That could work for sure. I've also wondered if they could come up with some super harsh deg surface outside the line and just absolutely chew the tires up.
nails and glass.

wouldnt be as pretty as the grass strip though

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
That's technically what all the blue and red shit is around Paul Ricard is for. Blue is slightly more abrasive than normal asphalt and the red is super aggro.

Sign me up for the grass strip before the tarmac run-off.

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
21 second gap in a 24 lap sprint. Exciting stuff.