GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

THE Formula One Thread

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
Lucky SOB.

Race week, it will be interesting to see where everyone lands come Q3. Also, Spain has 100% confirmed the section 3 chicane is gone effective this year (our prayers have been answered).

@vbrad26 you going to be downtown for Indycar this weekend?

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
Dang, I haven't been watching that long; I started picking races up in the early 2000s when I was awake at some odd ball time of the night/morning, then really started following around 2010-2011 after frequenting the (then new) local karting track quite often.

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
Looks like they decided to make these harder to read.

hans611

Lost
Car(s)
'16 Golf R 6MT
Also, Spain has 100% confirmed the section 3 chicane is gone effective this year (our prayers have been answered).

What an incredible announcement honestly, I couldn't believe it myself , the prayers where truly answered.

I know previous gen cars the drivers would always say they could go flat out, they may still be able to in these cars, huge passing opportunity.

edit: Its a very old-school corner, flat, fast and long... reminds me of the final corner in the old Mexican Cirtuit's 80s and 90s layout, the "Peraltada" or Imola's old "Tamburello".....

Last edited:

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
What an incredible announcement honestly, I couldn't believe it myself , the prayers where truly answered.

I know previous gen cars the drivers would always say they could go flat out, they may still be able to in these cars, huge passing opportunity.

edit: Its a very old-school corner, flat, fast and long... reminds me of the final corner in the old Mexican Cirtuit's 80s and 90s layout, the "Peraltada" or Imola's old "Tamburello".....
Both solid examples, kinda gives me Portimao T14-15 vibes too. I love the sounds and twitchiness of the early 2000s.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
i dont think ive seen a single episode of DTS
You know....I was gonna go out on a HUGE limb and guessed that most of you guys in here didn't watch or care for the show

It is truly drama-fying the sport, but I like the sounds/music/the way it's filmed & you can get SOME of the back story of what happened during the actual race too.
I don't like how they tell each episode out of order though....it's a lot of back & forth on the timeline, which is kind of annoying.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Hopefully this season is actually entertaining.

I don't have any interest in races that aren't competitive up front. Can't stand stand best battles being for 4th-10th.

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf SW 4mo
I just hope for a title fight but other than that I'm just content with watching the cars do their thing around the track.

It was the same as with DTM cars. They idn't put on the best racing but they were fantastic to watch just lap.

hans611

Lost
Car(s)
'16 Golf R 6MT
It was shocking how much DTS exaggerated, and how much liberty it took with faking things, taking radio conversations from different races even, etc, to suit the script... I couldn't finish one episode.
Supposedly its better now... but I just stick to watching the races, sessions, and follow all the paddock interviews, etc... way more accurate, down to earth coverage of the racing and drivers/teams.

Don't think any hard core old school F1 fans actually ended up watching DTS...? I do like the extra content though, so if something interesting is covered in DTS, it will be shared on twitter or reddit and ill get to see it..
But the actual scripted series? lol no... Its hilarious how they title each episode and "release the episode titles" like 2-3mo before the DTS season, you know they are making it all up and then waiting for the content lol.

I started watching with my dad and grandpa since little, literally the first race I remember sitting down for was Alonso's first race, the 2001 Australian GP in a Minardi.
I only started watching religiously, like pretty much every practice/qualy session lol, in 2013, literally haven't missed a race since.