GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... California Nears $8 Gallon Gas - Biden Sends Zelenskyyy $61 Billion

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
What's missing from your argument is quality of life. Plastics, processed food, fertilizers, electronics, all the things that you are implying are unsustainable have improved our quality of life and longevity. Are you willing to give up your quality of life and longevity for someone three generations in the future? I guarantee that the elitists sure the hell won't.

I have no problem with vegans. I have a big problem with vegans impacting my life.

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
Why did the forum double check to see if I wanted to like this?
What's missing from your argument is quality of life. Plastics, processed food, fertilizers, electronics, all the things that you are implying are unsustainable have improved our quality of life and longevity. Are you willing to give up your quality of life and longevity for someone three generations in the future? I guarantee that the elitists sure the hell won't.

I have no problem with vegans. I have a big problem with vegans impacting my life.
Can we not even make fun of vegans now?

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI

of course our quality of life is much improved. The point is it is temporary and will eventually go way down without control. And it would be worse than before we had many of our current life quality improvements. Kind of like... a drug addition. Feeling good, feeling better, feeling great aaaand overdosed.

Not really saying we should do anything as individuals, since its a drop in the bucket. None of us alone could have stopped the pandemic by staying inside. This is the same deal. I just enjoy understanding the systemic issues.

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
Life itself is temporary. I'm all for anything that makes it the least temporary. However, I, and only I, get to choose what compromises I'm willing to make for longevity. I don't want or need any purple haired activist lobbying the government to take away my carne asada because they think it's best for the planet.

Time for an "OK Boomer".

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
I dont want activists deciding what i can and cant do either. Partially because activists rarely convey a comprehensive message so they miss points, partially because no matter what anyone takes away there is an effect where the void is filled with something else - i.e., trying to stop elephant hunting in africa resulted in the extinction of the rhinocerous

The best goal is to comprehensively get people on the same page about reality and how to move forward productively

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
FfOvfL2UcAETkHL.jpg

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Hah, hah. Im no liberal but gotta say conservative logic memes are hilariously backward. If society quit/severely cut back eating meat, there would be so much more plant food to go around than there is now. Because we waste something to the tune of 80% of the plants we grow to the animals we eat

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
It's a meme on the internet don't take it seriously...
and what part of that had to do with conservatives?

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Hah, hah. Im no liberal but gotta say conservative logic memes are hilariously backward. If society quit/severely cut back eating meat, there would be so much more plant food to go around than there is now. Because we waste something to the tune of 80% of the plants we grow to the animals we eat
Sounds like my ideology. Trump is a moron. Biden is a moron. I make fun of them both.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
as a note, this sort of stuff (eating crickets) isn't ONLY becoming a thing because of veganism and not wanting to kill innocent animals. It is tied to how much energy is used in creating biomass.

I posted this in the wrong thread so here it is now:
View attachment 263505
View attachment 263506
View attachment 263507

This will be a continuing trend starting roughly now and will become more dramatic over our lifetimes, and will become MUCH more dramatic in the future ~100 years.

The moral of the story is: You should either start farming your own chickens or get used to eating crickets.
There are hundreds of scientists that disagree with you. Tesla generated free energy from the ether, there is zero point energy available, just not to us. Profiteers gonna profit, and anything that would break our chains is classified. The supply chain shortages are man made logistic issues, not resource limited.

1666453342629.png

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
The best goal is to comprehensively get people on the same page about reality and how to move forward productively
This is exactly what our overlords are doing, but through scare tactics and propaganda.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Life itself is temporary. I'm all for anything that makes it the least temporary. However, I, and only I, get to choose what compromises I'm willing to make for longevity. I don't want or need any purple haired activist lobbying the government to take away my carne asada because they think it's best for the planet.

Time for an "OK Boomer".
Worse yet are PAID activists, which I think are the majority of them now. Pushing an unelected, 'elite' WEF/UN agenda.