GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... California Nears $8 Gallon Gas - Biden Sends Zelenskyyy $61 Billion

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
I watched a lot of History Channel in its early days when it seemed it was 24/7 WWII specials, so I'm familiar with Hitler's Arian "Living Space" concept.

The Spitfire was the most advanced fighter at the beginning of the war, regardless of what Britain's main fighter was.

I, admittedly, had to look up more info on Britain's involvement in the Manhattan project and how close Britain was to a bomb, because I don't recall reading or watching much about this claim. I did look it up, but what I found seems to suggest the claims of Britain being so much closer to a bomb are a bit exaggerated. Britain had great engineers, but it did not have the population and money that America did. The Brits deserve a lot of credit on a lot... including cracking Enigma, which was huge, but the evidence seems to suggest they were going to be far surpassed by the money and engineering masse of the United States whether they contributed or not. The US was spending about 20x what Britain was on Atom Bomb development. Churchill knew the Americans were going to get there first, so he did the right thing and contributed to the effort. America, not fully trusting the Brits at the time, decided to cut them out fairly early it appears. See below:

I've replied above with a link to the atomic heritage website....that's the real facts behind it...

Having the Germans bombing the sh1t out of us & spending loads borrowing money from the USA to buy munitions & food we couldn't afford the money to divert to the Tube Alloys project...simple economies...

The History channel does get stuff wrong....

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I've replied above with a link to the atomic heritage website....that's the real facts behind it...

Having the Germans bombing the sh1t out of us & spending loads borrowing money from the USA to buy munitions & food we couldn't afford the money to divert to the Tube Alloys project...simple economies...

He doesn't realize the war was a war of economies. Advanced fighters mean nothing if they xannot be mass produced. The USSR had the T-34 and the KV tanks since day one. But they lacked in numbers, besides other factors that led to the 1941 disaster.

The Soviets knew a war was coming, way before 1940. Moreover, everyone was prepping for war.

The Soviets pushed very hard for negotiations with Britain and France, especially in light of information of a planbed German invasion of Poland. In fact, the Soviets spent all of 1939 trying to negotiate some sort of alluance/pact. Britain and France purposefully stalled the talks, hoping to use Hitler as a fist against the east. What London and Paris miscalculated was that Hitler had plans of his own and was not ready to be a nice little pawn in the hands of the two European powers. Result: spring of 1940 for Paris and bombings of London, Dunkirk, etc. Poland got its share, too, after thinking it could be friends with both Hitler and London/Paris against the USSR. Poland was the one that refused to let Soviet aid to Czechoslovakia through during the German occupation. Pilsudski signed a non-aggression pact with the Nazis in 1934, hoping his country and Germany could be strategic allies. Didn't work out.

All in all politics was a clusterfuck on the eve of the war. The same goes for the Far East and the Pacific. Japan had been competing with the US and the USSR in the region for a while (the Japs and the Soviets had two miniwars in the years prior to WW2). So the US had Pearl Harbor coming. DC knew it would happen.

But yeah, for certain morons in this thread (hint: his name is in the thread title) wars are all about advanced airplanes.

MagicMK

Drag Racing Champion

I don't disagree with this. In fact, that was my point. America had the money, the population, the manufacturing, and the continental US was effectively untouched by the war (yes, there were some very, very minor exceptions). That said, both Germany and England didn't have the available resources and even if the UK was able to build something... it could be in danger of German attack. The Germans were never going to get anywhere close to the Manhattan project, although I do recall in one of the History Channel programs I saw many year ago.... the Japanese launched "explosive balloons" that mostly did little to no harm at all, but one balloon was responsible for one civilian death, and another bomb, apparently hit an electricity transformer that was supplying electricity to the Manhattan Project and I didn't look it up, again, but I think they had backup power, but otherwise, if they didn't, the Japanese could have shockingly caused a mini-nuclear accident when the power was knocked out.

Also, don't forget that the United States was fighting a two front war at the time. So, yes, the Brits were tied down with the Germans in Europe, but America was fighting a very powerful Navy from the Japanese at the same time it was fighting the Nazis in Europe while also developing the Bomb. I'm American, so I'm a little biased, but there really was no other country at the time, even Russia, that could have fought a two front war like that with never having it's continental borders violated. The amazing thing about America during the WWII, was it's ability to PROJECT power. In my estimation, the UK and America, alone could have defeated Germany, Italy, Japan... and Russia. Also, you should note that historians have claimed that the Nazis really were never that close to a bomb. Hitler was not focused on the bomb - it was a longer term project.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I don't disagree with this. In fact, that was my point. America had the money, the population, the manufacturing, and the continental US was effectively untouched by the war (yes, there were some very, very minor exceptions). That said, both Germany and England didn't have the available resources and even if the UK was able to build something... it could be in danger of German attack. The Germans were never going to get anywhere close to the Manhattan project, although I do recall in one of the History Channel programs I saw many year ago.... the Japanese launched "explosive balloons" that mostly did little to no harm at all, but one balloon was responsible for one civilian death, and another bomb, apparently hit an electricity transformer that was supplying electricity to the Manhattan Project and I didn't look it up, again, but I think they had backup power, but otherwise, if they didn't, the Japanese could have shockingly caused a mini-nuclear accident when the power was knocked out.

Also, don't forget that the United States was fighting a two front war at the time. So, yes, the Brits were tied down with the Germans in Europe, but America was fighting a very powerful Navy from the Japanese at the same time it was fighting the Nazis in Europe while also developing the Bomb. I'm American, so I'm a little biased, but there really was no other country at the time, even Russia, that could have fought a two front war like that with never having it's continental borders violated. The amazing thing about America during the WWII, was it's ability to PROJECT power. In my estimation, the UK and America, alone could have defeated Germany, Italy, Japan... and Russia. Also, you should note that historians have claimed that the Nazis really were never that close to a bomb. Hitler was not focused on the bomb - it was a longer term project.
The bombs were called Fugo. The only casualties was a pregnant woman and her 5 children in or near Bly, Oregon. None landed near the Manhatta Project. The one you referenced that affected the atomic bomb project was in Washington state cutting off electricity to the Hanford Energy Works where they were working on producing plutonium. I knew about the balloons but not the full history. A simple search revealed this...

https://www.npr.org/sections/npr-history-dept/2015/01/20/375820191/beware-of-japanese-balloon-bombs

npace

Autocross Champion
The Germans were defeated first and foremost by the USSR. 75% of all German losses were on the Eastern front. By the time D-Day rolled around, it was clear to everyone in Berlin the war had been lost. They realized it a year earlier after Kursk. As far as mass air raids against the UK, they stopped well before 1944.
The USSR didn't stop Germany bombing Britain. The US launching an invasion into France did.

npace

Autocross Champion
Moron, wars like WW2 are won on land, not in the air. With the entire European continent working for Germany, the UK stood no chance, with Spitfires or without. Britain was capable of amassing expeditionary forces, but it was not capable of a prolonged land war. Getmany threw 300 divisions against the USSR on June 22, 1941. Had it done the same against the British isles, Britain would fall within a month, even assuming mass heroism among British troops.
Germans has no problem holding France for four years while losing millions in the east. France was all the more happy to not fight back. Smdh.
It was capable of producing expeditionary forces that would have to retreat 10 days later.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
CNN with it's misinformation campaign again.

"Germany has one of the lowest vaccination rates in western Europe, with just over 67% of the population fully vaccinated. Around 33% have no protection against the virus, according to the RKI."

So they are telling me of the 33% not vaccinated they have NO protection against the virus? Now we know why so many brainless drones believe the crap they read or see on the news regarding COVID and the vaccine.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/18/europe/germany-covid-merkel-record-intl/index.html

Last edited:

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
D9E67EE4-1449-4402-B12E-B4AFF476F060.jpeg
476AFA83-EED0-41D7-9956-8EAEE2741F3B.jpeg
81D596D3-68A0-4B1F-94FF-6FB6ACD3F90D.jpeg
09BF2957-4C86-4DA5-9FC9-4DFE6B699B5C.jpeg
76C0C74B-80F4-40B1-9BA9-0120F6A2B4D6.jpeg
5CCD6C9A-3854-4639-892C-31CAA6B784D1.jpeg
F003996D-0805-4185-A014-E6A8764163F7.jpeg

Dents27

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'19 Autobahn GTI
Oh look. Another 'variant' appears 2 weeks after the kids vaccine rollout.
Just like the variant that appeared 2 weeks after UK rollout.
And the variant that appeared 2 weeks after US rollout.

I just want to say, as someone who got double dosed, I regret it. This post just goes to show how corrupt the health system is because Canada is set to approve the vax for 5-11 y/o in the next week or so. Plus, how can they determine it spreads faster and causes more serious illness in younger people if they've only had one confirmed case?