GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... California Nears $8 Gallon Gas - Biden Sends Zelenskyyy $61 Billion

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
How dare you post stuff from real media outlets. According to the rules, you may only link to conspiracy sites or obscure sites run by people that turn out to be whack-a-doodles.

Twitter is where it's really at.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Based on what we know now, it's a possibility. Neither one of us can say for sure one way or the other.

Either way it's sad. This is a terrible situation China has placed the world in, yet they're going to get away as if nothing ever happened.

Who is we? Who else thinks being ventilated causes organ failure?

Still waiting to find out who "we" is.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Based on what we know now, it's a possibility. Neither one of us can say for sure one way or the other.

Either way it's sad. This is a terrible situation China has placed the world in, yet they're going to get away as if nothing ever happened.
Let's not forget Fauci had a role in funding China...that's the real travesty. Why anyone would listen to him now is beyond me.

cb1111

Still waiting to find out who "we" is.
Lots of people actually, because it is a thing without proper mitigation stategies Methods to prevent ventilator-associated lung injury: a summary - PubMed (nih.gov) which is one reason why doctors try to avoid using ventilators.

Sometimes medical staff is faced with a difficult situation - do you let people die from not being able to breathe or do you ventlate them and run the risk of organ damage?

Mud's wife should chime in here.

Of course, with COVID, we know the easiest way to keep people off of ventilators is to get them vaccinated.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

cb1111

Just want to point out that if my response to who is "we" was "lots of people actually" I would have once again be called an apologist. I happen to agree with you by the way.
I have no idea what you are talking about.

Organ failure in ICU isn't unusual and a lengthy stay on a ventilator sometimes caused pneumonia.

Ventilator Related Pneumonia/Associated Pneumonia Ventilator (VAP) is an inflammation of the lung parenchyma caused by a bacterial infection that incubates when the patient receives mechanical ventilation using a mechanical ventilator. Provision of prolonged mechanical ventilation (more than 48h) is the most important factor causing nosocomial pneumonia. VAP is defined as pneumonia which appears more than 48h after endotracheal intubation and initiation of mechanical ventilation.2 VAP divided into early onset which occurs within the first 96h of mechanical ventilation and late onset that occurs more than 96h after administration of mechanical ventilation.

Mechanical intubation and ventilation can increase the risk of VAP. The use of intubation that is not really needed should be avoided as much as possible. Non-invasive ventilators that use face masks can be used as an alternative in ICU patients who use a ventilator because they have a smaller risk of VAP when compared with invasive ventilator use.2 Several studies have identified the duration of ventilator use as one of the important factors triggering VAP. In patients with mechanical ventilation, the incidence of VAP increases with the length of ventilation and is not constant from time to time using a ventilator.

COViD patients in ICU are very, very ill and would most likely not survive the night without ventilation.

Again, the best way to stay out of the hospital for COViD is to get vaccinated.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I have no idea what you are talking about.

Organ failure in ICU isn't unusual and a lengthy stay on a ventilator sometimes caused pneumonia.

Ventilator Related Pneumonia/Associated Pneumonia Ventilator (VAP) is an inflammation of the lung parenchyma caused by a bacterial infection that incubates when the patient receives mechanical ventilation using a mechanical ventilator. Provision of prolonged mechanical ventilation (more than 48h) is the most important factor causing nosocomial pneumonia. VAP is defined as pneumonia which appears more than 48h after endotracheal intubation and initiation of mechanical ventilation.2 VAP divided into early onset which occurs within the first 96h of mechanical ventilation and late onset that occurs more than 96h after administration of mechanical ventilation.

Mechanical intubation and ventilation can increase the risk of VAP. The use of intubation that is not really needed should be avoided as much as possible. Non-invasive ventilators that use face masks can be used as an alternative in ICU patients who use a ventilator because they have a smaller risk of VAP when compared with invasive ventilator use.2 Several studies have identified the duration of ventilator use as one of the important factors triggering VAP. In patients with mechanical ventilation, the incidence of VAP increases with the length of ventilation and is not constant from time to time using a ventilator.
GTIfan99 wanted Unreal1 to explain who "we" was. I was going to answer it but would have been called the apologist for seemingly making an excuse for Unreal1. Not important though.

cb1111

GTIfan99 wanted Unreal1 to explain who "we" was. I was going to answer it but would have been called the apologist for seemingly making an excuse for Unreal1. Not important though.
Why ? Unreal1 speculated wildly that a ventilator caused organ failure on one specific patient. He has no clue and he said
1627266480360.png

That is the "we" that GTI was referring to and we still don't know who that "we" is and I wouldn't want to infer that the "we" is conspiracy theorists.

I posted the info on VAR because I misread the post and thought that there was a question about who thought that there was a link between ventilators and organ failure. Now I figure that people might be interested because it isn't intuitively obvious.

If you know who the "we" is, then please let us know.

Last edited:

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Why ? Unreal1 speculated wildly that a ventilator caused organ failure on one specific patient. He has no clue and he said
View attachment 220817

That is the "we" that GTI was referring to and we still don't know who that "we" is and I wouldn't want to infer that the "we" is conspiracy theorists.

I posted the info on VAR because I misread the post and thought that there was a question about who thought that there was a link between ventilators and organ failure. Now I figure that people might be interested.

If you know who the "we" is, then please let us know.
Oh for God's sake. He meant "we" collectively as in us or them or sources. You quoted it and you're asking me now?

Unreal1

Autocross Champion
Lots of people actually, because it is a thing without proper mitigation stategies Methods to prevent ventilator-associated lung injury: a summary - PubMed (nih.gov) which is one reason why doctors try to avoid using ventilators.

Sometimes medical staff is faced with a difficult situation - do you let people die from not being able to breathe or do you ventlate them and run the risk of organ damage?

Mud's wife should chime in here.

Of course, with COVID, we know the easiest way to keep people off of ventilators is to get them vaccinated.

Just more proof that GTIfan never knows what he's talking about.

cb1111

Just more proof that GTIfan never knows what he's talking about.
Actually he probably does. As I clarified, I misread the post where I thought that GTI was asking about ventilators and organ failure - not your specific wild assumption that somebody's death was the result of a ventilator.

Reactions: WAP

Unreal1

Autocross Champion

Tired of you misrepresenting what was said and putting words in my mouth, you're going on ignore. Not even going to get into the irony of you agreeing with me until you realized you were agreeing with me.