GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Economy So Strong That eBay Hard Up For Business

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Talk about a red herring fallacy. It's looking more and more like covid 19 is a clotting disease, not a flu like illness. Small clots causing damage in multiple organs. Just because we have epidemics of other diseases, doesn't mean covid 19 isn't a pandemic and doesn't cause death and health issues of it's own.

And capitalism is what drives our food supply system. How do you suppose we force consumers or prohibit consumers from buying Twinkies, when we can't even get them to wear a mask to save the lives of other Americans and save their own economy? You calling for government mandated diets and exercise?

I've been doing this for 30 years and never seen a 300 bed community hospital like I work at with 21 flu patients in the ICU, 9 on ventilators. That's all our hospital has unless we pull from the OR. Never seen that with diabetes either. Keep playing stupid games with the pandemic and you're ensuring total economic collapse of our country. Just wear a mask, wash your hands, and socially distance. It isn't that hard.

To be clear, i am not downplaying covid-19, rather pointing out a few things:
1) The government only cares about our well being to the point that it is profitable to them.
2) This is why america is not donig as well at mitigating the spread as it could have. They will not let a good pandemic go to waste and will gladly spare a few million lives in the process of 'fixing the problem'.
3) My case in point is how the western diet causes so many to die and the government actually endorses this. having the population in an indentured servitude to their pockets at our own expense is working perfectly for them, the healthcare system, and social security
4) 1% are dying from covid-19. While tragic, 75% of americans will die from completely avoidable lifestyle choices and noone bats an eye. In fact, 150,000 people die every day in the world from all things that cause death. Probably 1% is due to old age.
5) The government need NOT force us to diet and exercise, but rather should have consistent messages and no take/give endorsements to the wrong hands

All the above said, i got no issue wearing a mask ,washing my hands, and not being out and about with people as much, so long as it helps.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
To be clear, i am not downplaying covid-19, rather pointing out a few things:
1) The government only cares about our well being to the point that it is profitable to them
2) This is why america is not donig as well at mitigating the spread as it could have
3) My case in point is how the western diet causes so many to die and the government actually endorses this
4) 1% are dying from covid-19. While tragic, 75% of americans will die from completely avoidable lifestyle choices and noone bats an eye. In fact, 150,000 people die every day in the world from all things that cause death. Probably 1% is due to old age.
5) The government need NOT force us to diet and exercise, but rather should have consistent messages and no take/give endorsements to the wrong hands

All the above said, i got no issue wearing a mask ,washing my hands, and not being out and about with people as much, so long as it helps.

Please tell me the last time "the government" turned a profit or why you think the government SHOULD turn a profit. It isn't a company.

1% is 3.2 million people in the end, and it's looking like you only get 3 months or so of natural immunity, so that could be higher.

We're about to eclipse diabetes deaths, so not sure what you're point is.

It does help, do it.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Wealth is always consolidated upwards in times of crisis.

It's not really a conspiracy though, more like, just the way things work.

It's pretty obvious that the system is controlled by a small number of people. We've been taught to worship the elite though, most of their actions go unquestioned while people are busy looking under the bed for the boogey man.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
@GTIfan99 -

the government is politicians and those that pander to them to get what they want. they should NOT turn a profit. I suppose moreso than the government it is the corporations tied to them in things like import/exports and large corporations. the lines are blurred, but much of the money is tied in both parties.

the western diet causes most deaths, again think diabetes, many/most forms of cancer, heart disease, low immune systems and onward. The point is that nothing is done about it; it works more in the WHO's favor to let things be the way they are and in Covid-19's case, more money is being concentrated to these large corporations which will further increase the problems. Many others have pointed out increased alcoholism and depression. These conditions exist in great part due to root causes not being treatable, and the enorous amounts of money that go directly to pharmaceudical companies pockets. So an uptick in antidepressant sales is a good thing for them and therefore they will pander to polititians who will endorse another never-ending cycle.

these are just my off the cuff opinions. i'm just a random 30 year old, overweight white guy on a GTI forum.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
@GTIfan99 -

the government is politicians and those that pander to them to get what they want. they should NOT turn a profit. I suppose moreso than the government it is the corporations tied to them in things like import/exports and large corporations. the lines are blurred, but much of the money is tied in both parties.

the western diet causes most deaths, again think diabetes, many/most forms of cancer, heart disease, low immune systems and onward. The point is that nothing is done about it; it works more in the WHO's favor to let things be the way they are and in Covid-19's case, more money is being concentrated to these large corporations which will further increase the problems. Many others have pointed out increased alcoholism and depression. These conditions exist in great part due to root causes not being treatable, and the enorous amounts of money that go directly to pharmaceudical companies pockets. So an uptick in antidepressant sales is a good thing for them and therefore they will pander to polititians who will endorse another never-ending cycle.

these are just my off the cuff opinions. i'm just a random 30 year old, overweight white guy on a GTI forum.

The government is politicians that Americans vote into office. People repeatedly vote for these corrupt morons.

Wear your mask, fatty, from a 30lbs overweight 51 year old.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Haha good deal. Yeah. even though we are just some random people on a forum i think it goes to show that we are still in the 'information age' and i think i'm starting to see more concensus from people online. the more we read other peoples opinions, though there are echo chambers that go nowhere, there is also awakening. i hope to see it in my lifetime.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Haha good deal. Yeah. even though we are just some random people on a forum i think it goes to show that we are still in the 'information age' and i think i'm starting to see more concensus from people online. the more we read other peoples opinions, though there are echo chambers that go nowhere, there is also awakening. i hope to see it in my lifetime.
The points about shutting small business's down in order to get more control and ultimately more money into the walmarts and whatnot are interesting. But Asthma being caused from western diet? No doubt that certain illness's have a direct correlation to diet but I don't think asthma is one of them.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6
The points about shutting small business's down in order to get more control and ultimately more money into the walmarts and whatnot are interesting. But Asthma being caused from western diet? No doubt that certain illness's have a direct correlation to diet but I don't think asthma is one of them.

https://6abc.com/health/owners-of-nj-gym-arrested-for-defying-state-orders/6336749/

From what I've seen they threatened to build a structure that would block the entrance to their facility.

Meanwhile, our city rec center is OPEN

Last edited:

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Walmart doesn't need any help crushing small businesses.

Nor does Amazon.

The market share gained by delivering a knockout blow to the rest of small businesses would be counter balanced by the loss of jobs and income for the owners/workers whose shopping would be curtailed.

None of this shit is a conspiracy. We've literally allowed it to happen. Poor people voting pro-business and then crying when those same businesses send their jobs overseas. Repeat, ad nauseam.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Is this a reason to shut the economy down, not let kids go back to school, and restrict everything you can do? Honest question. Should just the vulnerable population restrict themselves being in public or should all of us have to suffer?
Thank you for bringing common sense to the table.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
You also don’t give a shit about the 1% of humans that will not recover. Thanks for being a decent individual.
My job is literally serving the 1%. They can protect themselves or if they are in a nursing home they are already protected. No one is allowed inside.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
I am a retired NREMT-P, those letters after my name mean Paramedic but I didn't mention that before because we are talking about 3rd grade math when you crunch the numbers.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
Who is the vulnerable? Is it a set age? Condition? What if you live with someone who is vulnerable?

You are still not qualified to crunch numbers or extrapolate any data from something that you don't know much about IMO.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Yet you can't actually do the math or understand what it means. I'm a PA and spent 24 years in the military all over the world treating patients, but I'm sure paramedics get a lot of training and experience in infection disease too. 🙄