Black 2013 gti
Cheers!🍻
20200726_201048.jpg

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
I'm all for a good IPA and a Mike's.
Blood clots form from people being sedentary, laying in bed after surgery or sitting around on the couch because of MUH QUARANTINE.
People in the hospital get blood clots in spades, sometimes even after they've left. People are not as active now because everything is closed.
Use it or lose it, goes for muscle and your brain.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
It's litterally in the cdc link you posted. 🤣🤣🤣
I've searched the whole document, there are a bunch of week 28 references, never does it say 28%.
It does say out of 53 territories (Peurto Rico, DC, NYC separate), only 2 are moderate activity the other 48 are LOW or MINIMAL.
Only 1.4% of all doctor visits are symptomatic. Including Emergency Room.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
If you're 65 or older, yes, this is a bad time. But so is every year. The data doesn't lie.
Here is what real scientists wear when dealing with a virus...don't think your cloth mouthpiece is going to work.
lab.jpg

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
If you're 65 or older, yes, this is a bad time. But so is every year. The data doesn't lie.
Here is what real scientists wear when dealing with a virus...don't think your cloth mouthpiece is going to work.
View attachment 180749

The mask doesn't prevent you from getting it. It reduces the spread of respiratory droplets to reduce the number of people you infect. Because of that, it only works if everyone wears one.

This is a simple concept.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
View attachment 180749
I think you're misinterpreting what masks are supposed to do.

What you pictured ensures that those scientists will 100% not contract anything that they're working with, provided that all PPE was donned according to regulation.
Us normal folk can't reasonably be expected to don full PPE like this, so what's the next best thing? A face mask. Absolutely no one has insinuated that face masks have a 100% prevention rate, it's more in the 95% range. But it's the best we can do without going to extremes like the filtered bunny suits in this photo. The point for us is to slow down our respiratory droplets from spreading, and these masks are quite good at that. Plenty of rudimentary experiments done by coughing into petri dishes with no mask, and then doing the same with a mask, showing that a mask-less cough carries MUCH more bacteria. I'll try to find the last one I saw.

Last edited:

Phur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2013 VW GTI Autobahn
I'm all for a good IPA and a Mike's.
Blood clots form from people being sedentary, laying in bed after surgery or sitting around on the couch because of MUH QUARANTINE.
People in the hospital get blood clots in spades, sometimes even after they've left. People are not as active now because everything is closed.
Use it or lose it, goes for muscle and your brain.
So all of the essential workers that are actually having to work considerably more hours due to a breakdown of our infrastructure are somehow sedentary? Please explain.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
View attachment 180749

It certainly isn't practical or possible for the general public to wear that stuff.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
The mask doesn't prevent you from getting it. It reduces the spread of respiratory droplets to reduce the number of people you infect. Because of that, it only works if everyone wears one.

This is a simple concept.

And isn't that why we all should wear a mask?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I think you're misinterpreting what masks are supposed to do.

What you pictured insures that those scientists will 100% not contract anything that they're working with, provided that all PPE was donned according to regulation.
Us normal folk can't reasonably be expected to don full PPE like this, so what's the next best thing? A face mask. Absolutely no one has insinuated that face masks have a 100% prevention rate, it's more in the 95% range. But it's the best we can do without going to extremes like the filtered bunny suits in this photo. The point for us is to slow down our respiratory droplets from spreading, and these masks are quite good at that. Plenty of rudimentary experiments done by coughing into petri dishes with no mask, and then doing the same with a mask, showing that a mask-less cough carries MUCH more bacteria. I'll try to find the last one I saw.

Itonically, it's removal of PPE that gets most people using it infected in a setting like that.