GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Car Gods must be MAD

Stasis

E-Thug
Car(s)
MKV GTI
The first time my windshield cracked it wasn't too bad, so I decided I would leave it like that up until the end of my lease, and then have it fixed. I had forgotten that I had a state inspection coming up, and I had to change the windshield to pass. Three months later, it happened again. :cry:

The second one was pretty big, I actually saw the rock hurtle towards my car and smack the middle of my windshield dead on... it made me flinch. What was even cooler was actually seeing the crack spread as I continued on my drive. I was looking directly at it and literally saw it grow about an inch right before my eyes. By the time I got home it had spread in both directions and covered the entire windshield. That one was pretty dangerous.

S

Ram_Kev

Derbyshires Finest!
alf said:
if the windshield is NON-VW, but it doesn't matter. VW doesn't make glass anyway, it's outsourced to PPG. VW puts their stamp on it and sells it for double.

PPG is definantly the way to go.

alf, they don't make Tyres or Seats themselves either but everything OEM has to comply to VAG Standards which are driven by legislation and in-souse requirements. Aftermarket /3rd party glass doesn't have to. A mate of mine had his Primera screen replaced and lost his auto dimming mirror and Rain Sensing wipers as they fitted an bog standard screen with no tint to an SE.
All they are contracted to do is replace the Glass.