GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Bruce?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tallgeese

Passed Driver's Ed
Seriously? While I am not the most active poster, I read a lot here. But I'll have to rethink my coming to his site, I don't enjoy being on a forum with carebear moderators.

Tyler Durden

Ready to race!

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion
I agree that he was direct, cocky and even snarky at times. Crossed the line? I'm not sure, maybe. I think he is a member that brings much value to this forum and hope that it's just a temp ban. I've noticed he is still active on the MKVI forum.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
I agree that he was direct, cocky and even snarky at times. Crossed the line? I'm not sure, maybe. ......... I've noticed he is still active on the MKVI forum.

Yep agree with this, I think because he doesn't own a MK7, but does have/had a MK5 & 6 (not sure) they corralled him in there.

Moderator power tripping

To moderate a forum is VERY difficult..........

There were a few threads on remapping diesels etc where some new forum members were asking about remapping their small diesels etc..........

Unfortunately the comments that "the Bruce" put were very short & along the lines of "you should have bought a bigger engine in the first place & if you remap your car it will blow up & so will the gearbox"..............

He should have been more informative & polite......................maybe this is why he was banned as if you look at his post court & "senior member" status that sort of attitude coming from such a person only deters new members from this forum.....................mods don't want that reputation for their forum!

My 2p worth...........:cool:

James75

Go Kart Champion
Yep agree with this, I think because he doesn't own a MK7, but does have/had a MK5 & 6 (not sure) they corralled him in there.

To moderate a forum is VERY difficult..........

There were a few threads on remapping diesels etc where some new forum members were asking about remapping their small diesels etc..........

Unfortunately the comments that "the Bruce" put were very short & along the lines of "you should have bought a bigger engine in the first place & if you remap your car it will blow up & so will the gearbox"..............

He should have been more informative & polite......................maybe this is why he was banned as if you look at his post court & "senior member" status that sort of attitude coming from such a person only deters new members from this forum.....................mods don't want that reputation for their forum!

My 2p worth...........:cool:

I think that's a pretty balanced view - forums are odd beasts and you can appear rude and direct when you don't even mean to.

It was me who actually mentioned buying a different car in the remap thread, i think he agreed me. The Bruce seemed to like or dislike you and if he disliked it, you knew about it.

I guess with forums they have to be about everybody and that does make them difficult to run.

James

coachfraley

Ready to race!
I agree with golfdave, being a mod isn't easy, and sometimes you react to protect people when you think they might be offended.

I also agree that the bruce was very helpful. He seemed to be a little more direct with his opinions than some folks, but I thought his contributions outweighed any negatives.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
The Bruce has made statements where he alluded that English may not have been his first language.
This may explain how he came off to some people.
It may explain his directness.
If so, it should be taken into consideration.

witsbusa

Ready to race!
Thin skin FORUM MEMBERS create hair trigger moderators. I just saw someone called an ass and someone cry uncalled for. Ha. Instead of ganging up on mods, just be respectful. Act like you would face to face.. these moderators work this place and deal with spam and jackoffs.. and they get crybaby threads when they try to make it stay respectful from their point of view. Cause, well, it is theirs to control. I don't know what "the bruce" said to someone, but i figure it was dick-ish. And the guys/gals who run this site didn't find it allright.. so deal. And he can come back after taking a timeout or he can choose not to.. same as anyone who doesn't like it. I would sit down with anyone and talk cas, trucks, motorcycles and everything related, but WAAAHHH if you come on someone's site, tweak them and get popped for a bit. Create your own site, spend your own money if you don't want their rules.. much like real life.

Tyler Durden

Ready to race!
The Bruce has made statements where he alluded that English may not have been his first language.
This may explain how he came off to some people.
It may explain his directness.
If so, it should be taken into consideration.

The Bruce hails from Deutschland, after I discovered this I was more understanding of his somewhat abrasive manor, from my experience was a fairly common trait from our German cousins, or at least how it comes across.

He has quite a wealth of knowledge regarding all things vehicular, I sure hope he comes back.

Really? If you're not able to take The Bruce's worst, you shouldn't be on the internet, never mind this forum. His tone sometimes coloured my opinion of him, but I always read what he had to say, which was usually informed and useful.

2 pages of this without any input from a moderator? Who is this place being run for?

TheMaOdy66

Drag Racing Champion
Banned??!!

He was one of my favorite posters on this forum.
His knowledge -real knowledge, not boy race bs - was excellent.
I never found him to come off cocky.

I hope he can come back.

This!

I'm sure this guy will just come back under a different name, so the only loss to this forum will be his previous user name. And I'm sure he's reading these posts So knowing he has a fan club will entice him back!

I know him from other forums and I can surely tell that he will not come back with another username. Everywhere he is active online he is "the bruce". Either he comes back as 'the bruce' or he will never come back.

Time to start a "Bring The Bruce Back" petition :)

Count me in. :)

As someone said/wrote before, the bruce is German. As I'm German myself I can tell that it's not always easy to discuss in a language which is not your native language. Often misunderstandings come up only for this reason. Everyone should look a bit more easy on this cause maybe he never knew he wrote something offending and was surprised about the reposts. And then one thing leads to another. Maybe, I don't know...

What I know is that he is one of the people with the most knowledge I ever 'met' (virtually). So it's time to let him be part of the communitiy again soon...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.