GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Bruce?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobby55

Ready to race!
Not speaking English as a first language is no reason to be rude (or as some may call it, "direct")... I have nothing to do with him going either but a couple of his replies to me on threads where I was trying to find help were less than helpful and in one case downright rude, I had to severely cut my original reply to one of his comments before posting it! They made me wonder if I, as a newbie, was actually welcome or just cannon fodder...

Those of you who have known him for ages may cut some slack, but when you are new first impressions (replies!) count...

mcmaddy

Ready to race!
If people read the posts where he wasn't just sarcastic but down right rude especially to golfdave then we don't need that kind of person no matter how knowledgeable he thought he was. If you come on a public forum and someone offers a different opinion to your own you then can't resort to petty name calling and being totally disrespectful towards other members. Why would you want someone like that back on a generally friendly forum?

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
just be respectful. Act like you would face to face.. these moderators work this place and deal with spam and jackoffs.. .

+1

The Bruce hails from Deutschland, after I discovered this I was more understanding of his somewhat abrasive manor, from my experience was a fairly common trait from our German cousins, or at least how it comes across.

Stereotyping Germans?............As I am from the UK I will quote Basil Fawlty."Don't mention the war"............"two world wars & one world cup, do dah,"....:p................UK members will get this...........;).................hang on most of my stuff is German, ...........Miele, Bosch, Siemens, VW.............& I'm blonde haired & blue eyed.............oh hell..........:eek:..............

If people read the posts where he wasn't just sarcastic but down right rude especially to golfdave then we don't need that kind of person no matter how knowledgeable he thought he was. If you come on a public forum and someone offers a different opinion to your own you then can't resort to petty name calling and being totally disrespectful towards other members. Why would you want someone like that back on a generally friendly forum?

+1

Not speaking English as a first language is no reason to be rude (or as some may call it, "direct")... I have nothing to do with him going either but a couple of his replies to me on threads where I was trying to find help were less than helpful and in one case downright rude, I had to severely cut my original reply to one of his comments before posting it! They made me wonder if I, as a newbie, was actually welcome or just cannon fodder...

Those of you who have known him for ages may cut some slack, but when you are new first impressions (replies!) count...

This post ^^^^^....................+100 times............see it from a newbies perspective...........If the Bruce has been posting on these English forums for how many years then he DOES know better than to act like that!!!!.............a mod can't keep cutting a repeat offender slack each & every time.....................seen in many times on other forums............:cool:

TerryReis

Passed Driver's Ed
The Bruce hails from Deutschland, after I discovered this I was more understanding of his somewhat abrasive manor, from my experience was a fairly common trait from our German cousins, or at least how it comes across.

He has quite a wealth of knowledge regarding all things vehicular, I sure hope he comes back.

As someone who exports from the UK to Germany on a weekly basis I have agree with what Tyler has said totally.
Some days with certain customers you get an email...... what !!....... take a sharp intake of breath, read it again in a calmer manner.
Or make a phone call and the emotion is gone.
I have never been sure if it is translation programs causing the problem ?
Or just the way Germans write emails (or forum posts) in English.

I did not see what caused this to happen.
It is very easy to be lazy when your first language is English.
Things are often lost in translation.

Cheers,

Terry

Tyler Durden

Ready to race!
As someone who exports from the UK to Germany on a weekly basis I have agree with what Tyler has said totally.
Some days with certain customers you get an email...... what !!....... take a sharp intake of breath, read it again in a calmer manner.
Or make a phone call and the emotion is gone.
I have never been sure if it is translation programs causing the problem ?
Or just the way Germans write emails (or forum posts) in English.

I did not see what caused this to happen.
It is very easy to be lazy when your first language is English.
Things are often lost in translation.

Cheers,

Terry

Ditto, I lived in Germany for 17 years in my earlier days, lovely country, a great place to be at 16 making it legal to drink all those fine beers in pubs. Then there was the close proximity to the Dutch border and the fine coffee establishments.

I was worried about stereotyping Germans, I am merely conveying my experience.

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
How would a moderator respond to this thread?

Will we ever find out? Come on guys, there is an issue here!

Why say that? I notice some of my posts have been removed, and even some posts from this very thread from other posters have been removed too.

TerryReis

Passed Driver's Ed
I was worried about stereotyping Germans, I am merely conveying my experience.

Surely national stereotypes are one the thing the pc crowd has not managed to clamp down on and we can still have a sense of humour about ?

Or am I about to get arrested by the EU thought police ?

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Here a good example of "the Bruce" being abusive in this thread..........

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7440

Quote "How mad is it to drive summer tyres in the snow and then wonder why it feels weired?
It takes the IQ of sliced bread to know it couldn't work.

Both winter tyres and GTI winter ability topics have been already debated before.

Do a search. Or even better don't drive, just walk.

No, it's not what you wanted to read. But it's the truth and I think it's best for you to
learn it right now instead of killing others on an accident. """" end Quote..

That's really uncalled for......................insulting the OP by stating they have the IQ of sliced bread & suggesting they are killing others........... & some of you think this "direct" approach is OK?..........no wonder he got banned!!!!

Why say that? I notice some of my posts have been removed, and even some posts from this very thread from other posters have been removed too.

So what are you saying, that moderation by stealth, with no justification, is OK? Anyway, removing posts, or relocating threads, is quite a step away from removing a member.

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
So what are you saying, that moderation by stealth, with no justification, is OK? Anyway, removing posts, or relocating threads, is quite a step away from removing a member.

The member has not been removed though, perhaps it's just a temporary PPR, otherwise you wouldn't see any of his posts as opposed to the status change under his screen name.

Status
Not open for further replies.