GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The “Greta” Build Thread - Economy Continues To Nosedive, Tune Project STILL On Hold

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
95365E71-3341-4201-9235-C920DE25FF09.png

MuscleToMouse94

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
He beat me to it, that’s the current price list
Two questions:

The FMIC kit can be fitted to a GTI and what’s included in the kit?

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Two questions:

The FMIC kit can be fitted to a GTI and what’s included in the kit?

GTI, GLI, R, Alltrack, & Basemodel Golf TSI.

Everything needed for installation with the OEM charge pipes (or aftermarket if you’re into wasting money).

Simple bolt on DIY installation with written & video installation instructions.

Attachments

• 2B0D6BA6-6B55-4A3B-8B8B-FC3F86550D8A.jpeg
    2B0D6BA6-6B55-4A3B-8B8B-FC3F86550D8A.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 67
  • DD33A811-46BD-4CFC-9C2B-E3B1303F4A3C.jpeg
    DD33A811-46BD-4CFC-9C2B-E3B1303F4A3C.jpeg
    173.3 KB · Views: 64
  • BC698636-73B6-4F87-99E1-B0F43E412EC0.jpeg
    BC698636-73B6-4F87-99E1-B0F43E412EC0.jpeg
    886.9 KB · Views: 75

MuscleToMouse94

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
GTI, GLI, R, Alltrack, & Basemodel Golf TSI.

Everything needed for installation with the OEM charge pipes (or aftermarket if you’re into wasting money).

Simple bolt on DIY installation with written & video installation instructions.

Another inquiry: how does this affect emissions (if at all)?

Rare Ara S3

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi S3, GTI
I have the BFI DSG knob and love it. Works great. No issues with install. They have a video on YouTube detailing the installation.
had a BFI knob in my old 5 speed jetta that I loved. It aged well so I stuck with them.

Attachments

• F1E41AF3-59FB-45CD-97AC-83F163480D33.jpeg
    F1E41AF3-59FB-45CD-97AC-83F163480D33.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 45

MuscleToMouse94

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI

MuscleToMouse94

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Rear Wiper Removal Project

Got flush kit package from “Kill All The Wipers”. Installation was a breeze (for the most part).

1646946732467.jpeg

By “for the most part“ I mean the actual windshield wiper arm. The how-to video from the Kill Wipers site mentioned it may be a doozy. They werent joking but I persevered with some lubrication and the wrench pictured above.

1646946949416.jpeg

1646947017927.jpeg

Trim and motor removal didn’t take much time to complete.

1646946980574.jpeg

Clean use of zip ties for power connector to the removed motor.

1646947155291.jpeg

Rubber piece removed, glass to be cleaned before flush piece is installed.

1646947291608.jpeg

Flush piece installed, excess sealant removed from glass.

CBA5EA7A-4EB8-4C82-AB62-E62744F9257A.jpeg

Project completed. Took about an hour or so total!

MuscleToMouse94

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Rear Wiper Removal Project

Got flush kit package from “Kill All The Wipers”. Installation was a breeze (for the most part).

View attachment 241918

By “for the most part“ I mean the actual windshield wiper arm. The how-to video from the Kill Wipers site mentioned it may be a doozy. They werent joking but I persevered with some lubrication and the wrench pictured above.

View attachment 241919

View attachment 241921

Trim and motor removal didn’t take much time to complete.

View attachment 241920
Clean use of zip ties for power connector to the removed motor.

View attachment 241922

Rubber piece removed, glass to be cleaned before flush piece is installed.

View attachment 241923

Flush piece installed, excess sealant removed from glass.

View attachment 241924

Project completed. Took about an hour or so total!

Update: I Spoke Too Soon, Made a Slight Boo-Boo

So I was reinstalling the giant plastic trim piece back on to cover the inside of the trunk lid. I’ve never done it before and unfortunately I might have to do it again. I MIGHT have been a bit frustrated after about 30 minutes of the damn thing not cooperating and MIGHT have tried to hit it back in place in a few areas (an aggravated version of “elbow grease”).

1646957665004.jpeg

So now I have two large gaps on both sides of the lid that look like this. Could be worse but my concern is moisture/ water getting in there and screwing things up.

So to the followers of the thread: Could moisture seep into those gaps and cause issues (or will it be fine for the time being as long as a flood of water doesnt get in) and where can I purchase replacement metal clips for the inside of the trim piece??

MuscleToMouse94

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Update: I Spoke Too Soon, Made a Slight Boo-Boo

So I was reinstalling the giant plastic trim piece back on to cover the inside of the trunk lid. I’ve never done it before and unfortunately I might have to do it again. I MIGHT have been a bit frustrated after about 30 minutes of the damn thing not cooperating and MIGHT have tried to hit it back in place in a few areas (an aggravated version of “elbow grease”).

View attachment 241943

So now I have two large gaps on both sides of the lid that look like this. Could be worse but my concern is moisture/ water getting in there and screwing things up.

So to the followers of the thread: Could moisture seep into those gaps and cause issues (or will it be fine for the time being as long as a flood of water doesnt get in) and where can I purchase replacement metal clips for the inside of the trim piece??

2nd Update:

So I turn on the car on yesterday and now I get a message saying that my left reverse light doesnt work. Friend of mine says I probably broke a filament and need to replace the bulb. I’ve had the car for about four years so I’m wondering if I should just replace all of the bulbs at this point. Sound idea or just fix the one bulb?

MuscleToMouse94

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
2nd Update:

So I turn on the car on yesterday and now I get a message saying that my left reverse light doesnt work. Friend of mine says I probably broke a filament and need to replace the bulb. I’ve had the car for about four years so I’m wondering if I should just replace all of the bulbs at this point. Sound idea or just fix the one bulb?

So since the plastic trim is still technically “open”, i’m thinking that I want to smoke the tail lights on the GTI similar to my old car (see first page of thread). I am supposed to be going to Vegas next week on Thursday so I might drop the car off to a family friend that owns a body shop to do the following:

- Smoke the tail lights
- Replace all bulbs in the back (because fuck it, why not)
- Have them double check my sealant work on the flush kit, maybe add more sealant if need be (doubtful but I really don’t need any leaking issues back there)
- Replace metal clips in the plastic trim so that it’s flush to the trunk (my OCD will forever be going off if it doesnt get fixed)

MuscleToMouse94

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
1647115865904.jpeg

These have been a big hit for passengers. Thank you for the inspiration @BadHombre760

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
So since the plastic trim is still technically “open”, i’m thinking that I want to smoke the tail lights on the GTI similar to my old car (see first page of thread). I am supposed to be going to Vegas next week on Thursday so I might drop the car off to a family friend that owns a body shop to do the following:

- Smoke the tail lights
- Replace all bulbs in the back (because fuck it, why not)
- Have them double check my sealant work on the flush kit, maybe add more sealant if need be (doubtful but I really don’t need any leaking issues back there)
- Replace metal clips in the plastic trim so that it’s flush to the trunk (my OCD will forever be going off if it doesnt get fixed)
Coming out here for St Pattys day?