GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

synthetic diesel 5w-40?

Falut

vtak yo
The 5w-40 I see that advance has is the same price for gas or diesel, but they are 1qt not 5. And I probably wouldn't risk it, the 10$ saved isn't worth the damage that could be caused

biggee72

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2009 GTI DSG
Castrol 5w 40 at advance is 8.19 a quart. The 4 quart diesel synthetic is like 24 for a 1 gal jug. The diesel oil is cheaper but def not worth the savings as said.

yeah just wondering what makes diesel oil different than gasoline oil.

Basically the additive pack, it has a lot more zinc in it. There's more to it than that but I can't remember the complete differences. I've known people to put rotella in their fsi and get an analysis, their sample was said to have had plenty of additive left and the breakdown wasnt significant. This was on 6k miles and they were advised to try 7500 miles next.

utekineir

Banned
over on nasioc rotella is pretty well liked

i use it (syn and non syn) in my tdi and subie. For a car under warranty though i'd only use what meets the warranty certs specifically.

flat tire

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Electric + 135i
I think Rotella 5w-40 is fine and has been used by many people who recommend it. It was made for highly boosted engines.

mlb_tun

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GOLK MKV GTsport TDI
i am running 10w40 in my 08 TDI gt sport, 10 dollars for the 4L :) good price i guess :D
change it every 9 to 10k km.