GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Supercharger Option

Napkin

WHAT HE SAID ;).... never saw a kit with original intake.. we use the BMC DIA AIRBOX.

psycho, you can swap the impeller, the gears by yourself. its nothing shrunked on or stuff like that... you need to loose some bolts and thats it.

for going from stage 2-3 you either need an different housing (not that expensive) or you use the original housing and go with some silicone hoses. will look like this!

you can rotate the housing 360°. you just need to loose the bolts, turn it in the position you want and tight it again! like a turbo housing!

Telaio, we map your car in the time we install the kit?

motrrrpsycho

OK, thanks for bearing with my dumb questions, guys! I'm still just learning how this superchargers work (obviously). I don't know why I thought I saw a stock intake - I guess I had different pictures confused in my mind, sorry...

So just to confirm - the BMC DIA intake is INCLUDED with these kits (any stage) right?

I was thinking of doing the upgrades in stages for 2 reasons: Install costs and heat concerns.

I think I might try to install the stage 1 bits myself. I have no idea how easy / difficult injectors are to install (I will research this), but I would probably not try to install the intercooler. I would also very likely look to do a radiator upgrade and / or add an oil cooler at the same time as the intercooler to make sure all of the plumbing could fit and work together. So parts + labor for all of that might cost allot for stage 3.

I have ordered a Kufatec E-MFA so I can start monitoring my coolant and oil temps regularly and was thinking that I could start with stage 1 and see how much hotter I ran then with no supercharger. If it were not too much of a change, I could try stage 2 before upgrading my cooling systems.

Napkin - can you give me a rough idea of cost on the housing, gears and impeller to change from a stage 1 to a stage 3 SC? If it is not too much, I may pull the trigger on stage 1 very soon, otherwise I may just save up for a while to do stage 3 all at once.

Thanks!!

Napkin

hmm.. for stage 2 you need to calc 500euros for the injectors (sorry i donno how much it will be in usd when you buy. you know the trade course is like the rocky mountains)

200euros for the smaller pulley and thats it.

for stage 3... dude i really donno.. calc 2500euros and be happy if its less than that ;)

complete kits will always be cheaper as a step by step order

motrrrpsycho

we use the BMC DIA AIRBOX.

Is this included with the all the kits (stage 1 - 3)? Web site info just says "air filter" so just wanted to clarify.

you can swap the impeller, the gears by yourself. its nothing shrunked on or stuff like that... you need to loose some bolts and thats it.

for going from stage 2-3 you either need an different housing (not that expensive)

I was just wondering how much just the gears, impeler and housing would cost to go from stage 1 - 3 (not asking about injectors or any other parts).

Thanks!!

Napkin

NO ;) not for that pricing i made... as i told you, not all stuff bought for that kit is bought in germany. so i cant sell it without loosing money. the filter is +100bucks.

gears depends on what gear you want (small or big pulley..)
impeller 400-500 bucks
housing 300-400 bucks
gears lets say 100-300bucks

Last edited:

motrrrpsycho

OK, thanks Napkin. At the start of the thread it sounded like EVERYthing in the kit would be included -except- the software. Now it sounds like the BMC intake (and possibly other parts) are NOT included at that price. Please help us to set clear expectations. Is there anything else besides the BMC intake that would NOT be included?

Stage 3 web site description:
the kit contains everything you need to convert your 3.2l v6 to supercharger (supercharger, mountings, mapping, hoses and pipings, beltdrive, cables, airfilter, bov-valve, water2air intercooler etc..) the stage 3 gains around +120hp/nm and fits all 3.2l v6 golf 5 R32 enginesbays

Napkin

it is everything included! and an airfilter is included, too. dont turn my words around ;) there was no word about the bmc filter ;) i just said, that we use the bmc filters for our installs. but our customers need to pay that 100 bucks, too if they want it

motrrrpsycho

I am not trying to turn words around at all - I'm very excited to buy a kit from you and I'm just trying to make sure we are all clear!

I think its just a minor misunderstanding:

* I asked a question about air intake
* You and RedAddict said that you use the BMC
* I was trying to clarify what the "filter" listed with the kit was - if it was the BMC intake or something else
* RedAddict said yes, it is included

then you said:
NO ;) not for that pricing i made... as i told you, not all stuff bought for that kit is bought in germany.

So the BMC is not included but something else is - the BMC would be an upgrade to the kit that is listed, correct? That is fine - I'm just trying to understand. So what does "air filter" included with the kit mean? The web site description says that the kit includes "everything you need" so I assume this means some kind of air intake (not just the replaceable filter part) is included? Please let us know what kind of filter / intake IS included.

The reason I asked if there are any other differences is because you said "...as i told you, not all stuff bought for that kit..." so I wondered if you were talking about any other parts of the kit NOT being included.

Thanks for your patients and for answering all these questions!

One more question - if someone in the US did buy a kit and did also want the software, how would we be able to get the ECU flash?

fasdude

Car Enthusiast
Car(s)
2008 VW R32
WHAT HE SAID ;).... never saw a kit with original intake.. we use the BMC DIA AIRBOX.

psycho, you can swap the impeller, the gears by yourself. its nothing shrunked on or stuff like that... you need to loose some bolts and thats it.

for going from stage 2-3 you either need an different housing (not that expensive) or you use the original housing and go with some silicone hoses. will look like this!

you can rotate the housing 360°. you just need to loose the bolts, turn it in the position you want and tight it again! like a turbo housing!

Telaio, we map your car in the time we install the kit?

Out of all the FI setups I've seen for the MKV R32 (and many other applications), this one seems to have the most logical layout while making the most efficient use of space. I hate seeing kits with tubing all over the place in the engine bay and a big cone shaped short ram intake right beside the engine soaking up nothing but hot air. Your kit at least has a proper CAI with a minimum of piping that would reduce weight and wouldn't have to be removed to work on the engine.

As I see it, the key component that makes it all work so well is that long shaft under the manifold at the front of the engine. It allows you to put the supercharger in a more logical location without having to relocate or lose any factory components. Props to your kit's designer!

If I ever were to receive a cash windfall, buying this kit would be near the top of my "to do" list.

Napkin

I am not trying to turn words around at all - I'm very excited to buy a kit from you and I'm just trying to make sure we are all clear!

I think its just a minor misunderstanding:

* I asked a question about air intake
* You and RedAddict said that you use the BMC
* I was trying to clarify what the "filter" listed with the kit was - if it was the BMC intake or something else
* RedAddict said yes, it is included

then you said:

So the BMC is not included but something else is - the BMC would be an upgrade to the kit that is listed, correct? That is fine - I'm just trying to understand. So what does "air filter" included with the kit mean? The web site description says that the kit includes "everything you need" so I assume this means some kind of air intake (not just the replaceable filter part) is included? Please let us know what kind of filter / intake IS included.

The reason I asked if there are any other differences is because you said "...as i told you, not all stuff bought for that kit..." so I wondered if you were talking about any other parts of the kit NOT being included.

Thanks for your patients and for answering all these questions!

One more question - if someone in the US did buy a kit and did also want the software, how would we be able to get the ECU flash?

we ad a simple foam filter from raid hp. if you want to get the ecu done by us, you need to send it.

RedAddict

Motherf**king Pterodactyl
Car(s)
MKV R32

How is this BOV recirculating if the line coming from the intake manifold/valve covers is directly connected to the surge side? Wouldn't that just be a boost leak? I think I'm just being stupid on the workings. Please help. :)

RedAddict

Motherf**king Pterodactyl
Car(s)
MKV R32
there are 2-3 back-cut valves (donno how to tell it in english) mounted in the t-pieces

Does it have to recirculate since the BOV is before the MAF? I mean, if it dumps un-metered air the engine wont care right?