GOLFMKV

Stuff done already and Im only at 40K

Flipman416

Ready to race!
Whole rear Brakes replaced due to weird grinding noise-WARRANTY

Whole Timing Belt Job done due to Chirping when first starting engine-WARRANTY

Belt Tensioner Replaced-Warranty

Driver Door Latch Replaced-Warranty

Fuel Control Module Replaced (Hard Starts) -Warranty (Hard starts still happening)

Center MFD Console Replaced Due to fading in hot weather-WARRANTY

Ipod Jack Replaced-Warranty

Fuel line Rattle-Never happens when at dealer so I will do myself. ANNOYING!!

Seat Beat Rattle(Driver Side)- WD-40 Fixed it.

Driver Door Squeak-WD40 Fixed it.

STANK on AC LOL---Dealer Fixed under Warranty.

I might have forgotten some other stuff, but wow this is my first VW and I have never made so many trips to the dealer. I love the car a whole lot, but the headache that comes with it. Im sad to say this might be my last VW.

Anyone else care to chime on on their list.

65dunebuugy

insert custom title here
Who is your dealer I think ievery VW dealer should be like yours and they might actually keep customers and make people happy

ik1015

beeee patient ^^
Car(s)
GLI
You got bad luck on VW..... sorry.
I had bad luck on my 1st '01 jetta vr6 and had many small problems.

Flipman416

Ready to race!
Oh I am dont get me wrong...very thankful...but it hasnt always been easy I had to switch around on dealers due to stupidity, anytime I was refused I drove and went to a different dealer. Im lucky enough I guess that I have about 5-8 dealers within a 40 mile radius, and all im saying is I have owned Honda's, Chevys, and BMW's and I have never made this many trips to the dealer. But with all the warranty work done some of them was multiple trips because they couldnt diagnose, some was leaving my car overnight and me finally putting my foot down and pretty much demand that it be checked, and to some degree telling the techs where to look.

HereToday

Banned
Damn, i wonder what theyll say about the intake, forge dv and catch can in the way....

my buddy has his timing belt and cover replaced under warranty as well at millenium vw in NJ. He has APR stg2+ with w/m and a twintercooler

supaflip

WWAATTAAHH!!!
I had my center mfd replaced at 49993k miles and my dealer fixed it under warranty. My center mfd was pretty bad, I barely see anything

white ride

Passed Driver's Ed
Whole rear Brakes replaced due to weird grinding noise-WARRANTY

Whole Timing Belt Job done due to Chirping when first starting engine-WARRANTY

Belt Tensioner Replaced-Warranty

Driver Door Latch Replaced-Warranty

Fuel Control Module Replaced (Hard Starts) -Warranty (Hard starts still happening)

Center MFD Console Replaced Due to fading in hot weather-WARRANTY

Ipod Jack Replaced-Warranty

Fuel line Rattle-Never happens when at dealer so I will do myself. ANNOYING!!

Seat Beat Rattle(Driver Side)- WD-40 Fixed it.

Driver Door Squeak-WD40 Fixed it.

STANK on AC LOL---Dealer Fixed under Warranty.

I might have forgotten some other stuff, but wow this is my first VW and I have never made so many trips to the dealer. I love the car a whole lot, but the headache that comes with it. Im sad to say this might be my last VW.

Anyone else care to chime on on their list.

I think with the rate of repairs you are doing now, imagine a few years more down the road when warranty expires. This is also my first VW and here are my repairs:

1. Bad ECU (after less than 6 months) -- no mods, replaced and under warranty
2. Air conditioner failure (after a year) -- sensor/pressure issue (but I think it's the compressor), under warranty.

I think it's more hits with VW's than miss. I have a GTI but prior was about to get an R32 from the dealer, I think it was the only white one left in the region and I wanted white -- but it had some alignment and electrical problem so I returned it after a few days.

My other euro has 90+k miles already and only wear and tear parts have been replaced (that's since 03) and my previous JDM 02 I had for seven years had no unnecessary repairs or so and that was very much modified.

This may be my last VW as well but will most likely keep it. It's a decent car when it works.