GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

STRI x OSIR (boost gauge content)

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
oh what??? what hole is this??? the one i put in the vent housing?

Did you leave the vent channel (bllack plastic thing behind the gauge) in there or take it out?
Where did you get this gauge from? I can only find it with amber ring and in bar not psi.

wow.. 60mm gauges look really good with the pod.. should have settled with those instead..
I have a defi blue racer, but it doesnt look as good as that.. since yours look like a once piece design..
very nice!

kwongo

will fly for food
Did you leave the vent channel (bllack plastic thing behind the gauge) in there or take it out?
Where did you get this gauge from? I can only find it with amber ring and in bar not psi.

i took everything out except for the flap that opens or closes the vent.
and the white gauge should be relatively easy to find, and since you are in the states it will probably be much cheaper for you as well. i bought my gauge local since shipping, taxes, duties would have killed me.
here is a site that sells it: http://www.importimageracing.com/p/Stri-DSD-SLM-II-Boost-Gauge.html

wow.. 60mm gauges look really good with the pod.. should have settled with those instead..
I have a defi blue racer, but it doesnt look as good as that.. since yours look like a once piece design..
very nice!

thanks =]. may i ask how much you got your blue racer for? i was looking at that before i got this gauge

what did you do to retain airflow????

mine was 180 tax in as well=]. thanks to mike who told me about this gauge, and iirc nancy has these gauges as well

I modded stock air vent taking out all the vents, and slaped the osir pod on top of the box so I still get air flow. If you don't know how to do it, meet me up locally and i'll help you do it.
Where did you get your gauge?

kwongo

will fly for food
I modded stock air vent taking out all the vents, and slaped the osir pod on top of the box so I still get air flow. If you don't know how to do it, meet me up locally and i'll help you do it.
Where did you get your gauge?

yea i have no idea what you just said about the air vent lol. definately need to meet up some time.

i got my gauge at formula at pmall. modified my post cuz i dunno what price he can sell them at. =]

kwongo

will fly for food
hmmm, i think the only thing i have left is the flap at the back that closes. i'll go take that off later =]

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Why does it sit at 0psi at idle? You should have -20 or so vac.

kwongo

will fly for food
My guess is because he didn't actually start the car but just turned on acc.

correct =]. it actually sits a bit below zero in the video. i was worried so i went to check. apparently the gauge doesn't autocalibrate until you actually turn the car on. worried me for a bit. now its spot on zero before it goes into vacuum

kwongo

will fly for food
Does the boost warning come on if you hit over 30psi ?

How does the peak boost recall work(press button and needle jumps to peak location on the gauge?) ?

boost warning is up to you to set. anything from 30 in HG to 30 psi.

peak boost recall is just pressing a button like you said, and it will jump to whatever peak boost it has recorded. hold it in this mode and it will reset your peak boost. all of this is controlled by a wired button that i have hidden in the cubby under the light switch