GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

STOP! Check coolant!

Mrthemike

Ready to race!
I've been getting a "STOP! Check coolant! Owner's manual" warning sporadically for a while now. I decided to finally swap out the coolant expansion tank as I assumed it had something to do with the sensor. Swapped it out, went for a drive, and got the warning again.

I have appropriate levels of coolant in there and I've never had any overheating problems.

Any ideas what else could be triggering this message if not the sensors in the expansion tank?

Appreciate any help, that warning is OBNOXIOUS!

larcic

Ready to race!
i would check the wires going to that connector see if they are cut or if the insulation is stripped

707Stang

I'm Hella From Nor*Cal
It's a fairly simple circuit, just for fun, jump the two wires together with a paper clip and see if goes away. If it does, you may have too much water in the coolant not allowing the coolant to act as a conductor or the terminals in the connector are loose and just need a teeny adjustment

Last edited:

Mrthemike

Ready to race!
Ok i'll play around with that, how do I adjust a loose connector terminal?

*edit* Well I squashed the contacts together and i haven't gotten the warning yet, so maybe that did it. I'm cautiously optimistic.

*edit2* Didn't work, took longer but still getting it. I was also getting it with the connector bridged with a paper clip.

Last edited:

Mrthemike

Ready to race!
Ok, so another thing I noticed. I think i'm only getting this warning once the engine gets to normal operating temps. However, I am not seeing an issue with the temps, the temp gauge is pinned at 190.

707Stang

I'm Hella From Nor*Cal
Hmm seems like it may be time to check wires...

707Stang

I'm Hella From Nor*Cal
the CKT is pretty simple. hope it helps. I would start at the ground 410.

Attachments

• 2.pdf
    47.4 KB · Views: 341