GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stock HU amp install help

cmmassar

Passed Driver's Ed
I followed the dyi on how to install an amp to stock HU. Ofcourse with no luck since now posting. I ran wires from back of headunit from the RR and LR. I even tried a LOC and the stereo inputs on the amp. I'm at such a loss with this i've installed many systems over the years this is first time to have this problem.

I even went on a limb and measured voltage coming through the tapped speaker wire i get .2v in one and the other is like .08 is that normal?

Any ideas on this would be great cause i'm out of them.

Car(s)
08 VW GTI GKV
Measuring DC voltage on the speaker feeds will get you no where. First off you would have to be using AC, or an oscilloscope, and a test wav file with a constant hz rate. Music is variable therefore the voltage will be allover the place.

Failure of this knowledge alone make me question your install capability, sorry to be blunt.

Is you remote wire hooked up, have power to your amp, proper ground, do your rear speakers still work, have you tried hooking an external source up to your amp to verify that it functions, have you doubled checked your sub wiring (I'm assuming that's what your trying to wire up)?
Need more info mate.

cmmassar

Passed Driver's Ed
I have never even thought of measuring a speaker before so sorry if I did not know. I have built and installed many systems so i deff know what I"m doin.

The power, remote , and grounds are fine. The amp has power and turns on. I have taken out my amp and put it in my friends car to make sure it is working. It works fine so only thing left has to be the is the signal coming to the amp.

ASCI_Blue

Ballin'
have you checked the speaker in question? speakers can go bad you know. if you've installed many systems you should know how to troubleshoot too I'd think.

cmmassar

Passed Driver's Ed
Yes speaker does work and i do know how to trouble shoot. Amp has working power, remote, and a good ground. The speaker lines behind hed unit are tapped and soldered correctly. I've gone over everything countless times now. It makes no sense to me as to why it's not working. There any hidden things with the 08 gti i don't know of?

mlowmk5

nothing rhymes w/ orange
Car(s)
2 dr CW
Swap out the LOC, they are cheaply made, even the expensive ones.

I bet 5 bones its that.

You say the speaker wires are correctly tapped, the amp works and the driver behind the amp works. What else is there, nothing.

On point! Seems like you checked everything else out and this seems like this is the only cause.

If the amp is powering up you have a good ground, power, and remote signal. The only thing left if the LOC and speaker inputs.

Again, see if you tapped into the right set of wires. Also, check to see if the amp has a mute or bypass switch or something.

cmmassar

Passed Driver's Ed
New LOC did it!! I checked that earlier and got a new one, just wanted to post on here about it and seen that's what you guys think it is too. Thanks for your help everyone was a POS LOC cause of everything!!