GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stock Air Box Disappearance Problem

N8_DUB

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 GTI 6spd
Happy Holidays everyone,

I noticed when I bought my vehicle that the stock Air Box was "missing" (the back half of the housing for the filter that connects to the front piece under the grill and the square cap for it)

I bought the housing at the dealer the other day and put it all in with a new filter and everything... 4 days later I fill up my tank and the check engine light comes on, I figured it was just the cap for the gas tank, but when I popped the hood to check the parts I bought for the Air box were gone (filter, back piece, and cap again)

I am at a loss for words, no one else has access to the car, and it is garage kept and locked every evening... No parts were found in the undercarrage of the car either... :iono:

Any Ideas????? I am taking it to the shop again next week, but I thought I would ask...:help:

saucer

Leadfoot
Car(s)
08 GTI
WTF!?

panda_man22

Go Kart Champion
....lol no more drugs

njfast07

Go Kart Champion
how the f*%^ is that even possible....if you're telling the truth, the dealership should warranty it and give you a brand new R32, because you my friend, are a God among mere mortals for accomplishing such a feat. honestly, I'm not even mad...that's...amazing.

Whiteboy88

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
08 VW GTI DSG

ahahahhahahhahah nice !

how the f*%^ is that even possible....if you're telling the truth, the dealership should warranty it and give you a brand new R32, because you my friend, are a God among mere mortals for accomplishing such a feat. honestly, I'm not even mad...that's...amazing.

:laughabove:

in all honesty i think it was the gas station gnomes that took it

That One Dude

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2006 GTI DSG
Are you talking about this piece...?

^...?

LBVdubin

Baggin aint easy
on a serious note...if your not high or drunk...what probably happend was the C clamps were not propely installed on the intake pipe and it fell off into the back of you engine bay and right out the bottom as you were driving.

N8_DUB

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 GTI 6spd
2008-Volkswagen-Golf-GTI-Pirelli-En.jpg

The arrows are pointing to the two clamps and screws that are STILL in the back piece of the assymbly (the tapering part leading into the engine cover)

Oddly enough, it DID happen the way I originally described it, I will do my best to get pictures up before the end of the day...

I had thought the fan below it might have had something to do with it, but it's too far below the box to put any kind of strain on it at all....

:iono:

N8_DUB

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 GTI 6spd
All the pieces outside the yellow box are still connected correctly... Just though I would add that too..