GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sticky Seat Warmer Dial

codaloo

Adventure Seeker
Car(s)
'09 GTI
My friend left a drink in my car the other day and it started rattling after I headed home. So, I threw it out the window. I failed to realize that there was still liquid in the bottom of the cup so it splashed all over my dash and radio. It ran down my radio area and managed to leak into the passenger seat warmer switch and now it's impossible to move the dial.

Is there any way to clean it easily?

ConejoRojo

Ready to race!
That's KARMA don't litter in the first place!!!

Have you tired to repeatedly move the switch until it comes loose?

No other way of getting it unstickyfied unless if you take it apart and meticulously clean it!

codaloo

Adventure Seeker
Car(s)
'09 GTI
IT WAS DISPOSABLE. Plus, it was a long drive home and I have absolutely no tolerance for anything that rattles..

Anyway, yeah, I have. It doesn't help at all. It will seem like it's getting more and more loose but it will get just as stuck and sticky as it was before when I stop twirling it for a bit. :/

I really want to take the plastic bit off so I can clean it but I don't know how. Or does it just pop off?

Last edited:

shinta

Banned
maybe try the MAF sensor cleaner? but before you spray the crap out of your dash, try it else where to determine how abrasive it is. good luck.

codaloo

Adventure Seeker
Car(s)
'09 GTI
maybe try the MAF sensor cleaner? but before you spray the crap out of your dash, try it else where to determine how abrasive it is. good luck.

I actually have some of that so I'll try it out tomorrow when there's light. Thanks for the tip!

codaloo

Adventure Seeker
Car(s)
'09 GTI
climate control module go for dime a dozen on ebay. Why deal with that cleaning hassle???

I only found one and it was over $130. Plus, I don't really mind cleaning it. As long as it doesn't take seventy years...