GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stage 1 compared to Stage 2

06 MKV GTI

So many plans for mod's
Alright guys so I've been looking and looking for the difference between a stage 1 MKV GTI and stage 2 MKV GTI. As in what is considered stage 1 and what is considered stage 2 as far as upgrades to computer and bolt ons. If there is already a post explaining this i apologize and would appreciate it if you could direct me to that post if not I'm new to turbo's and would like to know the difference as well as I'm sure others who are knew would like to know as well. Thanks for the help in advance. :thumbup:

Car(s)
08 UG GTi
The difference is the type of Tune, you also need a DP and upgraded intake...

06 MKV GTI

So many plans for mod's
So to be considered stage 2 you need a stage 2 flash a dp and a stage 2 intake? Is that correct? or a stage 1 tune, dp and stage 2 intake? I know theres so many upgrades and so many combos thats what always confuses me. lol

DanSan

meerkat
Car(s)
06' TR GTI/09 UG GTI
i didnt feel such a huge difference from stage 1 to 2 as i did from stock to stage 1. the thing is stage 1 is big on horsepower while stage 2 is just a torque monster..

06 MKV GTI

So many plans for mod's
See i understand that and im bone stock right now but i ordered a eurojet catback exhaust and i got the last eurojet catch can in the country lol but im just trying to understand when people are talking. When someone says im stage 1 as of right now that means nothing to me because im wondering ok do they just have a stage 1 tune? Or do they have a tune, an intake, a dp, pulley, headers, etc. basic bolt ons and then is like stage 2 another software upgrade as well as the other needed higher bolt ons like bigger injectors, intercooler etc. and then stage 3 is bigger turbo and stage 3 software? Thats kinda what im getting at, and then theres like stage 2+ and 3+ and all that shit and im just trying to figure out how people justify saying their stage 1 or 2 or 3 lol sorry for all the questions. Thank you though for the help.

DanSan

meerkat
Car(s)
06' TR GTI/09 UG GTI
stage 1 is strictly just a tune.. people do supporting mods like intake, PCV, upgraded DV, catback possibly..

stage 2 is just a tune and upgraded downpipe. if you have an FSI engine your definitely going to need an upgraded PCV and DV or else its going to go.

stage 2+ is just like stage 2 but with an upgraded fuel pump

stage 3 is just a term coined by APR. its their final upgrade which includes an upgraded fuel pump, tune, gt28 turbo, intercooler, injectors.

you can get any BT kit and its just that, a big turbo kit. "stage 3" is just a term made up by APR really to define their big turbo kit

GTIWV

WV VW
they are working on stage 4 also. lol.

and i agree, i didnt feel as big of a difference from going from stage 1 to 2+.

the jump from 1 to 2+ really helped the top end.

DanSan

meerkat
Car(s)
06' TR GTI/09 UG GTI
Yea, stage 2 and stage 2+ are insane top end.. usually after 4th gear and anything like 4500 rpm and up are beastly..

Im just stage 2 and the car keeps pulling on me even after ive backed off. it just wants to keep going

06 MKV GTI

So many plans for mod's
ok cool.

And yeah ive been thinking about doing those upgrades as well here soon hopefully.

Is the engine and tranny on a manuel FSI solid enough to handle stage 2 with no problems? Or shall i say the upgrades i plan on doing to the car would be dp, catback, catch can, forge intake, APR software, pulley, DV, and PCV. Im hoping my engine will be fine with those little upgrades.

DanSan

meerkat
Car(s)
06' TR GTI/09 UG GTI
ok cool.

And yeah ive been thinking about doing those upgrades as well here soon hopefully.

Is the engine and tranny on a manuel FSI solid enough to handle stage 2 with no problems? Or shall i say the upgrades i plan on doing to the car would be dp, catback, catch can, forge intake, APR software, pulley, DV, and PCV. Im hoping my engine will be fine with those little upgrades.

get yourself a downpipe, go straight to stage 2. get yourself an intake, PCV, dv.

if you want some noise, get a catback.
if you want to change it up, get a catch can
dont really need the pulley.

yes the tranny can handle it.. once you go BT you may need to change the clutch

ssunnylee24

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 CW DSG GTI
Get a DP than go stage 2.
Make sure you have either EJ PCV fix or a catch can and have upgraded DV.

GTIWV

WV VW
with an 06, go ahead and order a 'D' DV. They are 79.99 shipped from ECS

06 MKV GTI

So many plans for mod's
with an 06, go ahead and order a 'D' DV. They are 79.99 shipped from ECS
All this DV is doing is replacing the stock DV correct and can handle more pressure and seals much better correct? Will i get any sound from this as well or no? I was thinking about going with the eurojet relocation kit with the grenade DV to get a better DV as well as sound. Is the eurojet worth it or no?

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Car(s)
VW GTI MKVI
I'm stage II APR with the test pipe file and always wondered if the intake was really worth it. I love the whoosh sound but can't stand the diverter dumping psshhhh every time I shift... sounds so ricey to me, but that might just be me. Embarrassing around town, maybe cool in the country?

eROCK

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
08 GTI 4 door