How you doin?
Car(s)
2008 TR GTI

drtechy

How you doin?
Car(s)
2008 TR GTI
Did they figure anything out?

No clue, haven't heard from them yet. If I don't hear back by like 2:30 or so I'm gonna give them a call. They said the window is a known issue and can't really be fixed right now. They reset it, it'll work for a while, and then it breaks again. VW has a TSB on it, and they are waiting on the recall.

The boost gauge, well no one seemed to know about that one, so that'll be interesting to hear about.

Ninja edit: I'm gonna tell them I want the car back today no matter what anyway, I'm not driving the POS 2.slow jetta all weekend and monday, no reason for them to keep it for two things they can't fix right now lol well at least I'm guessing they won't fix the boost gauge lol

drtechy

How you doin?
Car(s)
2008 TR GTI
I wonder if its a mechanical gauge(vac port) or one that runs off of the map singal from the ECU

Well the car is ready, they adjusted the window some, but said it may come back, they are waiting on VW to do the recall on it.

The boost gauge, well he said he has a document for me to look at how it's being calculated and blah blah blah, I call BS, VW is just doing what other manufacturers have and making it look like more than it actually is. Pontiac did this with the grand prix for a while till they got slapped with a lawsuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.