GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SPM Street Catback Review

Falut

vtak yo
Today I installed a non-resonated SPM Street Catback on my car, and the first thing I want to say is:
The build quality of this exhaust is the highest I have ever seen.

All of the welds are absolutely beautiful and the finish on the exhaust is pristine. The tips are polished to a perfect shine.

SPM1 by falut, on Flickr

SPM2 by falut, on Flickr

SPM3 by falut, on Flickr

SPM4 by falut, on Flickr

The exhaust is in 3 pieces, all held together by heavy duty v-band clamps.
It went on perfectly first try and only took about 30 minutes to install.
Once it was on the car, the tips were aligned individually with separate clamps to ensure they sat exactly like I wanted them to.

SPM7 by falut, on Flickr

SPM8 by falut, on Flickr

SPM5 by falut, on Flickr

SPM6 by falut, on Flickr

Once the exhaust was ready to go, I took it for a drive.
It is the perfect loudness for my taste, not too loud but definitely there.
Almost no drone in the cabin even without a resonator (and the only hint of drone at 3500rpm cruising on the interstate).

Final verdict: This exhaust is awesome.
It is the complete package of comfort, noise, and performance.
I would highly recommend this product to anyone in the market for a catback.

NJdubber

Performance Enthusiast
Car(s)
Audi A3 2.0T FSI
the only thing i didn't like about SPM was the tips.. feel like the entire exhaust build quality is amazing but the tips..

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
Agree on the tips. Welds look amazing looks as nice as the junbl.

Falut

vtak yo
I would have preferred welded on tips, but once I was able to move them to exactly how I wanted it I realized the benefits of using clamps

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
Sounds surprisingly smooth and mellow, especially for a new exhaust. Very nice! I agree that it sounds like a perfect balance between racy and civilized. It's much less over the top than my magnaflow-muffled 42dd catback and catted non-resonated dp combo. Do you have a catted resonated dp hooked up to your spm cb?

NJdubber

Performance Enthusiast
Car(s)
Audi A3 2.0T FSI
it does experience some drone after breaking it in but it's not that bad. I've definitely heard worse from other MKV exhausts.

Falut

vtak yo
Sounds surprisingly smooth and mellow, especially for a new exhaust. Very nice! I agree that it sounds like a perfect balance between racy and civilized. It's much less over the top than my magnaflow-muffled 42dd catback and catted non-resonated dp combo. Do you have a catted resonated dp hooked up to your spm cb?

Cat-less non-resonated DP. The only muffling in the system is the SPM mufler

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
Damn. I'm amazed it sounds so civilized without any cat or resonators. Is this a Magnaflow muffler? Mine makes an unholy racket. Sounds like a Racecar having animalistic sex with a dump truck.