GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Southbend Clutch Questions

clockwise33

New York Giants Fanatic
Anyone running the Stage 2 Daily?

How are they holding up?

The Stage 2 Daily is supposedly rated for 400lbsft, so I assume it would hold up fine to a K04, right?

T13R

Anyone running the Stage 2 Daily?

How are they holding up?

The Stage 2 Daily is supposedly rated for 400lbsft, so I assume it would hold up fine to a K04, right?
That's a good question, wondering the same thing. I would also assume it should be fine, unless some W/M is added, then it might be pushing the limits?

pitbull592

Go Kart Champion
I ran the stage 3 with my K04 & it was perfect. be ready for some chatter though.

clockwise33

New York Giants Fanatic
Speaking of chatter... Would anyone with a SMF in the North Jersey area be willing to meet me somewhere so I could take a listen?

ZGTI

Banned
Car(s)
MKV GTI 2009 Black
I'm running the Stage 3 endurance but i'm planing to go BT however now i'm stage 2 and love it .. as for the noise is really minimal but i don't know about stage 3 daily or 2 .. i have Kevlar disk

John/Cue\Publik

Speed>stance
Car(s)
2007 Rabbit
Running the 1.8T stg3 on my rabbit, only 30 miles on it so far but its pretty awesome

forzajuve

Forza Azzurri!
Car(s)
2006 VW GTI
Have the Stage 2 endurance and before I had a Spec 2 clutch. The chatter isn't bad... you get use to it and tune it out most of the time. Stage 2 daily is rated above the torque the K04 will make so you should be fine.

John/Cue\Publik

Speed>stance
Car(s)
2007 Rabbit
whatever you do don't get a spec stg2.... pressure plate on mine cracked after 6 months/4,000 miles/no racing

BSH Speedshop

Ready to race!
Ive always been leery of any clutch that is suggested to be run with a stock un-resurfaced flywheel. These are two parts that need to break in together to ensure proper life expectancy.

As for chatter with the single mass flywheels, one of the things we have found to help is to run a performance synthetic transmission fluid. You still hear it, but its noticeably quieter than with stock fluid.