GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

So this is how it feels like....

Jekyll

Word.
Car(s)
07 GTI
Congrats!!
I've been running "springs" for over a year and have no desire to go with coilovers or bags. On the other hand, if you haven't installed them yet, you may want to consider replacing your dampers as well at the same time for a much improved and lasting result. Your H&R will be fine with your stock dampers but they will eventually wear out. Have fun and happy modding!!

Muahaahaa

nip deep in pow
Super Sports?

I had those on my car and never had any desire to go lower. Springs are just fine. They look awesome, and paired with some decent shocks, they ride awesome too. I had Bilsteins on mine, and everyone was always impressed at how awesome the ride quality was for how 'low' they are. In for pics of them installed. ;)

spartanrabbit09

ask me about my wiener
Car(s)
09 Rabbit
This. Happens to everyone who buys springs. Good luck on your quest. But you will save a lot of money in the future if you learn to do these things yourself.

Tapatalk because bored.

happened to me tooo lol

Jdl09gti

///Quickster
Car(s)
GTi MkV.
Okay sorry it took long! And yes, Thanks to all of you for your comments. Haha. I myself is very happy and content with what these springs has to offer. I'm the type of person that doesn't need to go any lower and these springs offer exactly what I wanted. Atleast no more 4x4 look. I know to a lot of you might want to go with coils but imo, I'm pretty happy with this and I don't really plan on going any lower what these springs has to offer no any higher. So I think its just the right OEM+ look.

I hope you all like "photo dumps":thumbsup:

Here are some before pictures: (Photoshoots I've done before installation)

Day of installation

Before:

After Shots:w/ a mini photoshoot:

Front

Rear

And one of the worst things that can ever happened. We accidentally broke the ABS sensor or brake pad sensor. Not sure what it was but this shows up:

Everytime I drive, the Brake light is turned on (this is the E-brake disengaged) and the Pad sensor icon on the MFD shows up. Everything works fine. Traction Control, ABS and all that good stuff. But this Brake light and the Check your pad thing is annoying. The mechanic will take care of everything. Good thing there is a VW/AUDI only shop across the street Hopefully this will be an easy fix...

Other than that incident, I'm really happy with the results and can't be happier on how low it is. I think its a perfect choice for me and it was great experience; minus breaking the ABS sensor/pad/speed sensors... idk. Since I'm kinda new to this whole thing, my friend pointed out that the front is a tad higher than the rear. I'm assuming the springs need time to settle?

Other wise, I'm really content with the height and new handling :thumbsup:

babydubz

bagged life.
Car(s)
09 GTI (SOLD)
you should probably wait till the springs to take a picture as the drop will be greater. i can barely tell the difference between before and after

blkmaggtsp74

Ready to race!
Perfect "track height", but no show i guess. You should check your brake pads, they could be worn out. That is if you don´t already know you somehow broke the sensors.

Jdl09gti

///Quickster
Car(s)
GTi MkV.
Perfect "track height", but no show i guess. You should check your brake pads, they could be worn out. That is if you don´t already know you somehow broke the sensors.

You probably broke the sensor/ wires going to the brake pad or the brake pad is too worn. Anyways your "front being higher" problem could be fixed with coilovers ;) sorry couldn't help myself.

Tapatalk because bored.

Yeah during installation, we broke the sensor/pads. The pads are still fine and has a lot of pad left in it.

@Swiper, I just noticed that when my friend pointed it. hahaha. -.-

As for the height, I guess the springs need time to "settle" and I'm guessing a lot you have lower ride heights than I do so you prob don't see that much a difference; but imo, I do lol just me.:iono: I'll post "lowered" pics a in few weeks.

A1an

Hellafunctional
Looks great. Curious how much of that reverse rake will disappear once the springs settle.

Last edited: