Status
Not open for further replies.

Si Killer

RIP BOVICE

jayclap

¿quieres fast?
IMO:

Stay with German brands because:

• It's always acceptable to put a fart can on an Asian import (yes, I'm being PC...).
  • It's always acceptable to install hideous body kits on an Asian import.
  • It's always acceptable to install neon lights on, in, and/or under the car on an Asian import.
  • It's always acceptable to apply REALLY BIG decals on an Asian import.
  • It's always acceptable to install chrome wheels on an Asian import.

Sorry, none of the above apply to German cars.
With over 10,000 posts to your credit, have you not learned anything?

If you want a smoking hot car, get an RS4 and call it a day. Otherwise, if you choose to go the route you're considering you will soon blend in with all of the aforementioned and those of us at GolfMKV.com won't give you car a second glance. :thumbsup:

Dislike quoting people because i like to think of clever shit to say and run with the thunder. However I could not help but quietly nod in agreement my head to this post.

I say .:R. They had one in the showroom at Pasadena VW and they let me sit in it even though it was already sold. This baby is nothing but prestigious.

DSG_MASTER

DSG!!Manstyle!!
Car(s)
GTI MKVI
just saying you shouldn't call jap cars tin cans cause not all of them are. the most reliable cars are jap cars. all i heard you doing is knocking on everything asian.

Most Japanese cars are tin cans. We all have driven them. AGAIN, I never said they weren't reliable. Go back to my original post and READ it again.

BTW, I don't knock on everything asian. I love asian women.:drool:

07mkvgti

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
06 GTi
Dislike quoting people because i like to think of clever shit to say and run with the thunder. However I could not help but quietly nod in agreement my head to this post.

I say .:R. They had one in the showroom at Pasadena VW and they let me sit in it even though it was already sold. This baby is nothing but prestigious.

lol you didn't feel like you were sitting in a GTI?

Dragon

Chief Troublemaker
I called my sales guy and asked if they'll have one for a demo ride before I consider making the plunge...

So who here owns a MkV R32 and had a MkV GTI before? Was the jump worth it? Is there that much of a dif w/ AWD?

Taz

Ready to race!
nah thinking about an FJ cruiser now :)

Dive in, I have one of the as well. GREAT truck! Pretty quick stock too and there is a great super charger kit for it. The truck is actually a Lexus Prado in disguise. Get the 6spd with full time AWD. My only complaint is fuel mileage isn't anything to write home about and I was expecting a wee bit better. I almost forgot, the front windshields are a little more prone than most to rock chips. Just get the quick fix kit and you won't have too many issues.

The FJ is very mod friendly and the online community for it is amazing. Go to www.fjcruiserforums.com . It probably has 10 times the number of posts each day that this forum does for GTIs. A ton of group buys going on and check out a guy named air2air and his supercharged FJ. Last I heard it would smoke a Turbo Cayenne in acceleration. This truck is amazingly modded out. Pretty soon he'll probably be running 4 second 0-60's in what is essentially a tank.

If you want more info about the FJ, PM me. I've done a lot of work to mine already and each day my appreciation for it deepens. Its an amzing truck for the $$$. Mine is not that much slower than my GTI in acceleration (0-60). According to my last Gtech run in the truck, it was 7.3 0-60 which isn't too bad and that was with a mild launch and pretty big tires.

DBCPerformance

OEM & AFTERMARKET PARTS
Car(s)
An Imaginary GT2
Status
Not open for further replies.