GOLFMKV

so im considering the r32...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTI 2.0T

Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
mkv GTI
but isnt a bolt-on GTI faster than a bolt-on R32 ?

conom06d

Flying circles around VWs
Car(s)
3 wheels and wings
alf.....if you are going to go for something in that pricerange get the STI you keep wanting. I would: faster, more mod friendly, etc.

and it's a fracking STI

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
It 4:11AM and ive been building Evo'S and STI's online. im in love dude.

it might not be the same feeling as a VW german car but its fucking quick.

its still up in the air, i love my GTI. just looking at my options.

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
You're being silly again Alf. You need to make the wise choice here. Keep the GTI and save some money up for a place. Any of those cars are going to put a pretty hefty dent in the ol' wallet. You've got a nice enough car already. Now go get a nice enough house/condo. You don't want to be one of those guys that lives with Mom & Dad yet owns a 30+k car. It's throwing your money away. Get the house/condo and see what you can afford from there. Who knows, maybe then you'll be saying you need to sell the GTI to get a Rabbit (for cost purposes). I think you should hold off and look into other purchases. Then once you've accomplished that said goal, look and see what seems realistic from there. I know what you mean though, I build cars online on a regular basis. :biggrin:

zerogt86

FIA World Rally Car Champion
You may aswell keep the GTI for everyday, like kirk said. If you've got some money burning a hole in your pocket, why not get an older car and set it up specifically for the track? I bet you'd enjoy that more than a new STi, evo, or R32.

DBCPerformance

OEM & AFTERMARKET PARTS
Car(s)
An Imaginary GT2
You're being silly again Alf. You need to make the wise choice here. Keep the GTI and save some money up for a place. Any of those cars are going to put a pretty hefty dent in the ol' wallet. You've got a nice enough car already. Now go get a nice enough house/condo. You don't want to be one of those guys that lives with Mom & Dad yet owns a 30+k car. It's throwing your money away. Get the house/condo and see what you can afford from there. Who knows, maybe then you'll be saying you need to sell the GTI to get a Rabbit (for cost purposes). I think you should hold off and look into other purchases. Then once you've accomplished that said goal, look and see what seems realistic from there. I know what you mean though, I build cars online on a regular basis. :biggrin:

sums up all i wanted to say, but i still have to add: You wont be happy with an STI or EVO just to own a fast car, i know you better than that.

Gtiguy182

Clean MKV Owner
Vubr wanna sell ur lip kit

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI

lol, awesome. i got ya man, it was kinda speculation, i got a promotion at work and i guess im just letting my priorities slip.

thanks for being the voice of reason.

ryedog

owner
Car(s)
1981 VW Golf GTI
It 4:11AM and ive been building Evo'S and STI's online. im in love dude.

it might not be the same feeling as a VW german car but its fucking quick.

its still up in the air, i love my GTI. just looking at my options.

Don't do it.

Ask yourself, if you had to keep one car for the rest of your life out of those three, which would it be?

Id say the GTI has the best of everything, just my thoughts.
German Icon

Status
Not open for further replies.