GOLFMKV

Slammed MKV Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. White

MESPELLENG WURDZ!
Car(s)
2010 Jetta
Cause you know, replicas sit in customs for 14 weeks and take all winter to take apart and refinish. I feel kinda dumb for sinking 100+ hours of work into a set of "reps". :sarcasm:

Felix, lets go shoot our cars on Saturday if the weather is nice.

Technically they are replicating phone dials..... aka Reps

Just like all of rotiforms wheels

And if u were to buy something like LM reps from over seas you could possibly run into customs problems.... just saying

I would like a set of your "reps"

fuzzymk5

its a beater
Car(s)
06 cw gti
Technically they are replicating phone dials..... aka Reps

Just like all of rotiforms wheels

And if u were to buy something like LM reps from over seas you could possibly run into customs problems.... just saying

I would like a set of your "reps"

they are autostrado ____________(ryan fill in the blank) not reps

guilford32

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2007 GTI
Ryan trying to justify his reps....:bellyroll:

bhmkv

Auto Body Appraiser
Car(s)
07 CW GTI
Still low!

Still the lowest- On frame!

Attachments

• low.JPG
    low.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 856

dustinwark

Miesian
Car(s)
'07 VW GTI
Just out of curiosity, aren't those reps though? Since they're a remake of the original porche phone dials? Or did they come in a bigger size than 15-16 overseas and I just never caught that?

Either way, I love your ride man! I've had a hardon for those wheels for a long time now, LOL!

He already explained that the only thing they share with PDs is five holes. PDs never came in a multi-piece design either as far as I know.

Just look a few posts before yours:

Autostrada Monzas, a high end subsidiary of Work wheels in the early 90s. The only thing that phone-dials and my wheels have in common are 5 ellipsoidal holes. Using Mr. White's logic, BBS RS are replicas of BMW basket weaves.

BTW what is that a screen shot of? Site?

PatientlyWaiting

is waiting patiently
It's from the Euromediocre waterfest coverage.

If you look at a phonedial, and a monza side by side, you will see that they are completely different. Mine are like a love child between Diablos and phone-dials. I mean, I can see how someone could make the rep connection but if you have a website that focuses on wheels, fitment and stance, you'd probably wanna get your specs right.

The definition of replica is "a copy that is relatively indistinguishable from the original". In this case, they are very distinguishable from the originals, nor did the manufacturer have any intention of directly replicating the original.

Status
Not open for further replies.