GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ski/Snowboarding Thread

Jaxper

Go Kart Champion
Yep, although you probably don't need racing ones as they make all-mountain/park ones, too.

Would the racing ones be a bad option over the regular ones? They're only $12 more but the regular ones don't have the metal bracket in the heel like the race ones.

I appreciate all the info! It's been very helpful given my lack for skiing gear knowledge.

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
Would the racing ones be a bad option over the regular ones? They're only $12 more but the regular ones don't have the metal bracket in the heel like the race ones.

I appreciate all the info! It's been very helpful given my lack for skiing gear knowledge.

They will be fine. I don't think you'll need to worry about your bindings breaking tho. Where is this concern coming from?

These skis are just your starting point... and you are buying them blind. Expect to just learn how to ski on them. Then go to as many demo days as you can. It's truly the only way to find out what suits you. Then you can keep these as backups/rock skis or just sell them. I seriously doubt that you'll damage the bindings just learning to ski and riding rails.

Jaxper

Go Kart Champion
They will be fine. I don't think you'll need to worry about your bindings breaking tho. Where is this concern coming from?

These skis are just your starting point... and you are buying them blind. Expect to just learn how to ski on them. Then go to as many demo days as you can. It's truly the only way to find out what suits you. Then you can keep these as backups/rock skis or just sell them. I seriously doubt that you'll damage the bindings just learning to ski and riding rails.

I witnessed a friend's binding blow out on him. I guess it kinda stuck in my mind after that. But given that he was doing a 25+ ft jump, I don't think I'll have to worry about that any time soon. :laugh:

That being said, you raise all good points. Based on a sub-$200 budget for my first set, which would you go with?
Including the evo outlet link (where I'm ordering the Dynastar skis from) for ease.

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
I witnessed a friend's binding blow out on him. I guess it kinda stuck in my mind after that. But given that he was doing a 25+ ft jump, I don't think I'll have to worry about that any time soon. :laugh:

That being said, you raise all good points. Based on a sub-$200 budget for my first set, which would you go with?
Including the evo outlet link (where I'm ordering the Dynastar skis from) for ease.

I'd probably get these with 90mm brakes.
http://www.evo.com/outlet/alpine-sk...ndings-100mm-brakes-2013-blue-green-front.jpg
Do some more digging around in ski forums before pulling the trigger though.

Jaxper

Go Kart Champion

Jaxper

Go Kart Champion
I went with the Dynastar Distorter (2014) skis at 173, the Look PX 12 (2014) bindings in black/chrome at 90mm, and Atomic AMT (2015) poles at 48 to round out my new ski gear.
All came in slightly under my $400 goal. :thumbsup:

I previously purchased Dalbello Viper 100 (2014) back during the local Labor Day sale.

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
I went with the Dynastar Distorter (2014) skis at 173, the Look PX 12 (2014) bindings in black/chrome at 90mm, and Atomic AMT (2015) poles at 48 to round out my new ski gear.
All came in slightly under my $400 goal. :thumbsup:

I previously purchased Dalbello Viper 100 (2014) back during the local Labor Day sale.

Nice! I use dalbello Viper 120's. Very responsive boot. Winter is coming soon!

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
I was way off with a guess of a couple weeks. Colorado is officially open for skiing. A-Basin opened this morning. That was a super short off season, they ran well into June almost July and reopened in mid October.

eyedeas

Ready to race!
Colorados open and I'm in Phoenix waiting for it to get cold enough to get snow in Flag....hell, at least I can still wet wade while fly fishing haha!!

balius

Go Kart Champion
Opening day is Thursday at Mammoth. Just waxed my board and tuned my edges last night. Anyone else gonna be up there?