GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Shipping Method Help

odascoo

a mansion in WISCANSIN
Hey guys I am trying to sell me wheels, and I am trying to find the cheapest shipping method. What is the best option for me guys? Help me out!!

Whiteboy88

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
08 VW GTI DSG
i sent mine through fedex..
package them in pairs. should weight about 98lbs with tires unless you are shipping just the wheel itself. its about 100$ shipping and wrapping

looked like this in the end. ended up putting a bit more shrink wrap on it before shipping

used layers of cardboard to protect the faces of the wheels and then just wrapped the tires in shrink wrap

rs_hunter

Ich blute VW-Blau & weiße
Hey guys I am trying to sell me wheels, and I am trying to find the cheapest shipping method. What is the best option for me guys? Help me out!!

If the purchaser is near one of their terminals and can pick them up, Greyhound PackageXpress is often the lowest cost option. You can find the locations they serve, by state, at GPX Locations.

Cheers

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
FedEx Ground

check www.fedex.com & see if it makes more sense to ship two wheels in 1 box (2 boxes total) or to ship all 4 wheels seperately (4 boxes total)

It's VERY accurate when it comes to the cost though (assuming you enter the correct info -- box size/weight/zip & all that)

rs_hunter

Ich blute VW-Blau & weiße
so if i wrap and package myself the cost shouldn't be too expensive?

Due to the size and weight, it'll never be cheap. But, you can save a not insignificant amount by taking care of the packaging yourself.

Whiteboy88

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
08 VW GTI DSG
well paying $100-150 is more reasonable than ~$500. That is what UPS said on their website.

they guy at fedex helped me out .. if 2 packages weight under 190, mine was 199, its cheaper then to ship two sperate packages at about 99 lbs .. if you can wrap it yourself do it, they will essentially do the same thing. it cost me 100 to ship

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
I've used FedEx Ground for several sets of wheels/tires. It's usually about $20 each for an 18" wheel/tire. I use cardboard and packaging tape to protect the face and blocl off the back side. Always get insurance. Once I sent a set and a rock or something got stuck between the cardboard and face of the wheel during transit...scratched it up good. The insurance claim was easy and they didn't care if I kept the damaged wheel so the guy got a nice spare with minor cosmetic issues for free.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Yeah I've always used FedE and it's always been cheaper than UPS for me.

Having a FedEx account helps too (saves about 10% on each shipment or something like that?).....you just give them your credit card number & they bill it each time you ship with them. Plus you can print off the labels at home (with a regular printer) and then just drop it off at a FedEx/Kinko's or whatever without waiting in line.

But usually a wheel is like $15-20 in it's own box & then a wheel/tire combo might be like $25 in it's own box

Just enter the different configurations on the FedEx website to get the best price & then ship it that way