GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Shaved door handle pics please

Elliott

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 GOLF GTI MKV
So my car is going in for a full shave in the next short while and have been thinking about also doing something with the handles. We all know the ug mkv on pink rs's. Who's got good pics of it?. When I search google pics there are some but all the links are broken.
I also remember years ago a thread on here when someone did an Aston martin door handle swap. Ipno- Just looking for ideas. Please post any pics you have and share them to help get some other ideas.
Body work that is booked in is, rear bumper being molded to one(similar to the mk6) side skirts smoothed and painted. Door rub stripes removed, welded and smoothed, front headlight washers removed and smoothed,hood de notched but still going to run both front and rear VW badge. Oem lip, smoothed and painted. And like I say , starting to think I want to do something with the handles. So ye let's see what a few others have done and give me a few things to think about.
Cheers all.

Elliott

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 GOLF GTI MKV
a few pics that i already know about, what are peoples opinions?

Attachments

• photo (2.JPG
    photo (2.JPG
    147.6 KB · Views: 4,965
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 5,269
  • photo (5.JPG
    photo (5.JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 7,156
  • photo1.JPG
    photo1.JPG
    170.4 KB · Views: 4,797
  • photo (3.JPG
    photo (3.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 4,033
  • photo (6).JPG
    photo (6).JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 5,532

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Do a complete shave with poppers or don't waste your time. Not a fan of those particular pics.

wolfstrice09

Ready to race!
I haven't looked into anything but I've wanted to shave the handles and have the pops open the door whenever I unlock the doors. Not sure if its even possible but when the time came thats what i'd want. I wouldn't want the extra fob just to pop the doors open.

irishtim

Passed Driver's Ed
Still needs to be painted and new rear lower bumper.

There is no way to shave the handles with out the poppers...

And its not a simple process there is a lot of shit to think through. Everything is electric in our car, you need to make sure you have a back up plan in case your battery dies or the fuse for the control module dies. Also, do it right and weld.

Last edited:

irishtim

Passed Driver's Ed
Yeah. The headlight washers are functional as are the marker lights.

But even with the functionality I think if I shaved the bumper it would be too much. I was never a fan of shaved bumpers.

It's like a girl being completely shaved. Head included. It just doesn't look right..

The Doktor

Probably Drunk
Yeah. The headlight washers are functional as are the marker lights.

But even with the functionality I think if I shaved the bumper it would be too much. I was never a fan of shaved bumpers.

It's like a girl being completely shaved. Head included. It just doesn't look right..

I've seen a couple smoking hot bald chicks. So that's not ALWAYS true. But definitely a good rule of thumb.