GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Serious pet help needed - leg surgery :-/

Bad hare

Ex-mkv owner
poor guy.
Glad to hear all is better.
I want to vote, but the link doesn't work!?!

brekdown29

J-O-O
Car(s)
GTI 7.5
I love dogs. Nismo gets a 10 in my book!

BoostedThrills

showshinedetail.com
Car(s)
G35
Thanks again everyone!

Really glad to hear that it turned out well. How long is the expected recovery time?
Thank you; it's 6-8 weeks. My fiancee is going to pick him up "after five but before seven" this evening, so I should have the full details tonight to post up tomorrow or Sunday.

conom06d

Flying circles around VWs
Car(s)
3 wheels and wings
Voted! Hope it helps

BoostedThrills

showshinedetail.com
Car(s)
G35
Well, Nis has been home for a few weeks now! A traumatic few weeks it's been for all of us! Mostly us....

Why you ask? He's Nismo alright and he's feeling JUST dandy! A 4 legged terror with a cast! Thank god they took the metal splint out last week! That was just getting down right DANGEROUS. For Jeff, Lexi and I!

The pain pills were great. They knocked him out. But we are out of them.... darn.

Nismo has mastered the art of using his cast as a weapon, and a tool. He whacks us and Lexi with it when he's had it or wants something we have. He props up his rawhides on it for better chewing angles. He's really taking this thing for all it's worth. However, mom gets her revenge in the form of a hot pink cast last week and a lavender cast with navy POLKA DOTS this week! Whooo! Poor guy is going to have an identity crisis on his paws by the time this is all over.

Have I mentioned the shaved chest? He looks like a shirtless little man!

All in all, Nismo is doing great. I can't thank everyone enough for all their support and well wishes. The surgery went as good as expected, so far he only has pain occasionally. More so from when they change his casts, or when they took the stitches and the split out. His fur is slowly growing back, he still looks really strange! We are all anxious to see what his leg will look like out of the cast. I will be sure to post before and after pictures. Maybe some of the xrays if I can get them! The surgery was a little more reasonable than we expected as well which was a great surprise.

Post surgery 4 weeks with his shaved chest and little hair growing back:

His colorful cast!

That he is OH SO happy about!

But we still got lovin's for mom!

However, the best surprise is always last. After dropping several $ at Tufts for the surgery, not less than 2 nights later I receive the following call:

"hello ms pansini, i understand you recently required the services of our veterinary offices, were you satisfied with your visit?"

"um yeah sure it was fine?"

"well I am so and so calling in regards to the donation fund to help our students and doctors with their research...."

"excuse me what?"

"I was wondering if you would like to take some time tonight to donate to help our practices continue the outstanding level of service you received in your recent visit."

"I am sorry you have got to be kidding me right?"

"um no ma'am, would you like to make a donation?"

(at this point I am trying to contain hysterical laughter)

"you do realize that i just DONATED several grand worth at your office for surgery on my dog not less than 3 days ago now do you?"

"Um I am sorry ma'am , have a nice night"

CLICK

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING RIGHT!? There are do not call lists out there, can't there be do not call until you have managed to scrape that blood sucking leach off your back called a credit card that latched on thanks to you? And now you want a donation!? HAH!

So that's my story :) Nis is all good. Hoping for the best when he gets his cast off. Till then....!

tinto

bitch please
Car(s)
2009 Pirelli GTI
A happy ending. I love it!

PS I gave Nismo a 10 before scrolling to the bottom of the thread... :)

Boonedock82

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 MKV
Post surgery 4 weeks with his shaved chest and little hair growing back:

That he is OH SO happy about!

I love dogs expressions

1st one it looks like he is giving the whole "dad what the hell are you doing"

2nd one looks as if he is wondering why the eff do I have a purple polkadotted cast, who ever laughs is getting whacked with it esk expression

glad to see that he is doing well, I look forward to the before and after shots.