GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Serious pet help needed - leg surgery :-/

Z32 GTI MkV

9 Ball Champ
Car(s)
1990 Nissan TT 300zx
I am not much of a dog lover, but i cant see an animal suffer. I voted 10 for your pooch.

iBoost

SFLMKV.COM Founder
Car(s)
07 Candy White MKV
I love dogs and I had to vote 10 for Nismo.. hopefully he wins, otherwise I'm sure we can all pitch in with a small donation and get some luck to run his way. Post up in my other forums VOLKSAUDI.COM & SFLMKV.COM I'm sure my peeps would be willing to vote as well. Every vote counts!

Boonedock82

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 MKV
Dogs are the best freinds anyone could ever have

I voted a whole bunch for you!

Wishing Nismo lots of luck and congrats on getting hitched in the near future, enjoy your last few days of being a bachelor.

BoostedThrills

showshinedetail.com
Car(s)
G35
Thank you guys for all your support and votes!

UPDATE:
Nismo's surgery was on Monday morning. It took him a while to come out of the anaesthesia and be fully awake (as it had the two times he got x-rays done). The doctor said the surgery went very well and they were able to do the cheaper of the two procedures, that didn't involve a fixator. (A fixator is a metal rod that screws into the bone from outside the leg...you may have seen one on somebody when they shatter their lower leg bones or forearm.) The fixator surgery would have been about $5,000; the surgery he received is just under $3,000...it's a break for us, but still, that's a lotta moola. What they did was take a wedge of bone out to match the angle of his other ankle, and then used a "T" shaped metal plate and a few screws to fill/hold it in place. The vet tech said he's been a maniac ever since the anaesthesia has worn off and has been eating very well, which sounds exactly like Nismo when he's got nothing wrong, so that's good. They changed his bandage this morning without a problem as well; he was receptive to them helping him out which is good too.

The tough part is next. He needs to be in his cage or held by us so he can't move much for 6-8 weeks. Keep in mind he is an 8 month old puppy, and we have another dog running around that he LOVES to play with. We will find out more tomorrow about how to keep him somewhat calm and maybe sedated so he can heal properly. Hopefully he'll be fully healed just before the wedding on March 29 so he won't have a problem if we have to put him up in a kennel overnight.

335 Trojan

Macro FTW.
Glad to hear it went well!

I found out today that my dog is going on prozac because she has anxiety problems and nibbles at her legs.

But she is tooo cute

BlueWabbit

back being low.
Car(s)
2008 VW Rabbit
i'm glad the process went well i voted a 10 anyways because every vote counts but our family had a german shepard that we had to put down because he was in pain from some type of cancer in his rear left leg.. i will get a dog once i get my own place but im glad to hear it went well and hope you guys have a good wedding also!