GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RNS-510 and factory bluetooth

maxfin

It's mine... all mine.
You have an iphone I assume as that's the only handset that I'm aware of that gives the loud feedback when dialling.

For the reception you need one of these.
http://www.my-gti.com/1088/upgradin...d-310-rns-310-rns-510-rcd-510-antenna-adapter
Partnumber is 7L6 051 551 (7L6051551) and this is available for around AUD$50, GBP£25 and USD$30 from any Volkswagen spare parts department.

And for the voice commands you need this.
http://www.my-gti.com/1156/volkswagen-skoda-bluetooth-voice-commands

I actually have a Blackberry - doesn't sound like there's an easy fix. It's the only annoying thing.

Thanks for the info on the rest though... very helfpul.

sparta

Ready to race!
Had my Fiscon/Kufatec unit installed yesterday and picked the car up this morning. I only had a limited amount of time to test the system, but so far I am really impressed. Here are the pros and cons so far:

Pro:
- Neat microphone installation (on top of the rear view mirror)
- Easy pairing with Iphone 3G
- Phonebook automatically and quickly transferred
- Good Sound Quality
- Operation works through RNS-510 or steering wheel buttons
- AD2P streaming works (you can select it through the Kufatec menu in the MFD and it then the Iphone starts to play through the car speakers)
- Kufatec "Extras" Menu is great: Oil temperature, Actual speed and Remaining Fuel in L

Cons:
- If several entries (work, home, etc) for a person exist, the Kufatec unit lists them as seperate entries (I knew this issue before I purchased it)
- When AD2P streaming the next and previous track buttons do not work (you have to select next track on the Iphone
- Boost Gauge function does not work ( I knew that as well)

I will have better play with it over the next few days....

sparta

Ready to race!
I did a bit more research regarding the non functional "next track" and "previous track" buttons, apparently you need AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile) on both the phone and the bluetooth module. Many people online complain that it does not work with their equipment...

G-rig

Go Kart Champion
hi sparta...

Did you get it installed at Northfield or somewhere else? They are doing a fair few of those kits now. Easier to install than the Skoda ones.

Shame the AD2P doesn't work, defeats the purpose if you have to control it with the phone. Can u use the HU display to control it?

when all the extra features don't work but i'd try and get an ipod cable or something, bluetooth streaming would just waste your battery and doesnt sound crash hot does it?

Ps be nice if they located the aux and 12v charger in the same location then u could just use that.

sparta

Ready to race!
hi sparta...

Did you get it installed at Northfield or somewhere else? They are doing a fair few of those kits now. Easier to install than the Skoda ones.

Nope. Gold Coast Car Sound at Tweed Heads. They are based around the corner from the VW dealer and get them to recode the units to turn on the steering wheel buttons.

Shame the AD2P doesn't work, defeats the purpose if you have to control it with the phone. Can u use the HU display to control it?

no the HU control does not work either, apparently Apple does not allow the AVRCP thing to work (yet), so no external control of the iphone. Funny though, because I can trigger the iphone to start playing through the steering wheel, just cannot skip a track...:thumbdown:
when all the extra features don't work but i'd try and get an ipod cable or something, bluetooth streaming would just waste your battery and doesnt sound crash hot does it?
I am not too fussed about this feature anyway. I use MP3 CDs,the HDD or even straight from the SD card to play music and if I want to play something from my Iphone through Bluetooth on the occasion I can do it..

And you are right regarding the sound quality :iono:
it also only uses the front speakers as per phone conversations... all things considered, it is a nice gimmick, but not really "technically mature" yet

Ps be nice if they located the aux and 12v charger in the same location then u could just use that.

Funny you mention that, that was one of the first things I realised when I sat in a GTI, really stupid not to have them next to each other (or an additional 12v outlet next to the AUX port...)